Corsicana — Join the discussion on this story by using the Facebook app to the right
Tuesday, Oct. 9 is the last day to register to vote in order to be eligible to vote in the Nov. 6 General Election.
Navarro County voters can verify their voter registration or find information on how to register to vote at the state’s online, one-stop voter resource, www.VoteTexas.gov., or by contacting the Navarro County Election’s Coordinators office on the basement floor of the Navarro County Courthouse.
Voter registration applications are also available at many libraries, government offices or high schools. To register by mail, applications are available for download on VoteTexas.gov,
Early voting in Texas begins Oct. 22 and continues through Nov. 2. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is Oct. 30.
Additionally, photo identification as required in Senate Bill 14 will not be required in early voting or on Election Day. To cast a ballot during early voting or on Election Day, voters should present their voter registration card or in lieu of a voter registration card, at least one of the following:
• A driver's license or personal identification card issued to you by the Texas Department of Public Safety or a similar document issued to you by an agency of another state, even if the license or card has expired;
• A form of identification that contains your photograph and establishes your identity;
• A birth certificate or other document confirming birth that is admissible in a court of law and establishes the person’s identity;
• Your United States citizenship papers;
• Your United States passport;
• Official mail addressed to you by a governmental entity; or
• A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address.
For more information on the voting process in Texas, including where to vote, please visit www.VoteTexas.gov.
Want to “soundoff” on this story? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org