From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
The purchase of property to become the new home of the Precinct 1 County Barn is on Tuesday’s Navarro County Commissioners Court agenda.
The Navarro County Commissioners Court is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the County Courtroom of the Navarro County Courthouse. The meeting was moved to Tuesday instead of the normal fourth Monday session due to the Memorial Day holiday.
Precinct 1 Commissioner Jason Grant was authorized to negotiate the purchase of the property by commissioners. The present Precinct 1 barn property at the corner of North 45th Street and West State Highway 31 was sold to a developer several years ago, but the county has been allowed to use it since the sale.
Other agenda items for the court to consider Tuesday:
• Consent agenda, including previous meeting minutes, certifying revenue and two budget changes.
• Discussion of burn ban/drought conditions.
• Resolution for application for grant funding for Victim’s Coordinator services.
• Consider extending the “construction proposal due date” for Courthouse Restoration to 2 p.m. on June 10.
• Appointment of Kyra Hooser to board of the Navarro County Health Department.
• Subscription agreement order for the HIDTA.
• Intergovernmental transfer to serve as the non-federal share of Medicaid supplemental payments to Navarro Regional Hospital for 4th quarter 2012.
• Specific Use Permit for O’Brien Energy to locate a temporary water pumping station in the lakeshore area proposed to be located at Mattie Caston Park location just off SECR 3130.
• Specific Use Permit for O’Brien Energy to locate a temporary water pumping station in the lakeshore area proposed to be located just west of SECR 3130 and north of SECR 3100.
• Consideration to declare three metal detectors as salvage.
• Rental agreement with Kirby-Smith Equipment for two machines in Precinct 3.
• Consideration to approve as salvage a 1997 pickup, Alkota power washer, Nerf Bars and pick up topper for Precinct 3.
• Consideration to approve Navarro County Electric Coop to set 10 40 ft. poles, one foot outside the fence on county property on NWCR 1160 in Precinct 1.
• Road crossings for Universal Pegasus International Pipeline to bore under county roads in Precinct 2.
• Consideration of motor grader purchase for Precinct 4.
A public forum time is held at the beginning of each commissioners court meeting for members of the public wishing to address the court.
Want to “Soundoff” on this story? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org