Corsicana Police Department
• A storage building was burglarized either Wednesday or Thursday in the 400 block of West Ninth Avenue.
• Someone chunked an unknown object and broke a window of a house around 6 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of Wesley Drive.
• Some tires were stolen from a business between Monday and Wednesday in the 1200 block of South Seventh Street.
• A dirt bike was taken sometime between Monday and Tuesday from the 1500 block of North Business 45.
• A resident of Gioia Circle had her tires slashed around 11:30 p.m. New Year’s Eve, causing more than $500 in damage.
• Some people were arrested for shoplifting at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Walmart, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• A woman was detained after she went to the HEB Grocery store and pounded on the sliding glass doors after the store was closed.
• A sizable amount of lettuce and salad dressing was poured on a vehicle Tuesday night or Wednesday morning while it was parked in the 200 block of Carroll Avenue.
• A drunk who was picked up on South Interstate 45 around 8 p.m. New Year’s Eve was also found to be in possession of drugs when taken to jail.
• A woman reported being assaulted with a knife around 2:30 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of North Seventh Street.
• A car reported stolen from Odessa was stopped in Corsicana, but a family member of the owner was in the car, so the car was impounded but no one arrested.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Deputies stopped a pickup around 6 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 45 suspected of being involved in a theft at an oil rig on SWCR 2380 near Streetman and found a 55-gallon drum of diesel oil still in the bed of the truck. The truck and fuel were seized.
• A farmer who left the keys in his 2630 John Deer tractor woke up Sunday to find the machine in a stock pond. The joy ride caused $10,000 in damage.
• Burglars attempting to break into a home Dec. 27 damaged a door in Streetman.
• Thieves broke into a Dawson home Dec. 27 and stole a checkbook, Social Security card and driver’s license.
• Deputies recovered a stolen Ford pickup last week in Streetman.
• An Oncor power pole and some mailboxes were damaged in an accident New Year’s Eve on Northwest 4110 near Frost.
• Eight Hawaiian goats and 10 sheep were rustled Thursday from NWCR 1250 near Emhouse. Total value of the livestock was set at $3,600. The thieves also broke into building on the property and stole a red Lincoln welder, a chainsaw and a pole saw worth about $2,200.
Complied by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.