From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A group of juveniles were arrested for vandalism around 2:30 p.m. Saturday on Mills Place. Juveniles were also seen damaging property on Oaklawn around 2 p.m. Saturday.
• A man reported that someone he knew assaulted him and damaged his pickup around 5 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of South 15th Street.
• Vandals went nuts in the Waffle House bathroom Jan. 21 between 4 and 5 a.m., 1900 S. Highway 287. The damage included pulling a toilet up from the floor, breaking the pipes from the wall, the soap dispenser and other assorted items worth about a total of $600.
• A double aggravated assault was reported Monday around 4:40 p.m. in the 1300 block of North 13th Street. According to the police report, there was a verbal argument, possibly over a juvenile girl, which resulted in two men being hurt. One was struck in the head with a pistol and knocked unconscious, while the other was hit on the arm with a club or stick. Neither victim was able to provide much information.
• A domestic dispute ended when both the man and woman were arrested at 11:45 a.m. Jan 21 901 E. 13th Ave. The woman in the incident called police because of the fight, but then hung up and denied having called. The second time, police responded because they also realized there was a person there wanted on a warrant. The woman tried to hide the guy from police, so she got arrested for interfering with a public duty, the guy was arrested on the warrant.
• A woman loaded up a shopping cart worth $704.36 at the Walmart Wednesday and then tried to flee with it through the employees’ only area. When an employee saw her and sounded the alarm, the would-be thief ran out the front door, abandoning the buggy. Police were able to spot her trying to drive away and arrested her.
• A woman who was cursing up a blue streak Jan. 19 at Atwoods, 3500 W. Seventh Avenue, was arrested.
• Two people reported being assaulted by the same person just after midnight Thursday in the 300 block of North Third Street.
• Someone forced his or her way into a storage room sometime between July 15 and July 31 and stole $20,000 worth of items from the 200 block of North Commerce.
• A home was burglarized sometime between Christmas and January 21 in the 2400 block of Park Place.
• A woman reported that she’d been tricked into sending some money Thursday to a scammer in the Dominican Republic.
• A robbery was reported around 11 p.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of East 10th Avenue.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department.