By Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A home burglary was reported Tuesday in the 600 block of South 31st Street. The thieves forced their way into the house around 10 a.m.
• Someone ran into a gate at the bowling alley, 2801 W. Seventh Avenue Saturday afternoon and ran away without leaving any information.
• A slew of car burglaries were reported Friday, Saturday and Sunday including the following: 600 block of West Sixth Avenue; three in the 1300 block of North 45th Street; 100 block of North 32nd Street; and one in the 3242 block of Kenwood.
• Thieves broke into a business Saturday in the 300 block of East Seventh Avenue.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Family photos, a Skil saw, a sledge hammer, two jacks, and a Chevy wheel were stolen Friday in a theft on NWCR 3201 near Dawson. Total value of the items stolen is estimated at $97.
• Deputies had to have a 1999 Mustang towed Sunday after the driver was arrested for a DWI and having no drivers license at the intersection of Munn Street and Highway 31 in Powell.
• Two brown saddles were stolen Monday from a building on NWCR 2260 near Barry. They were valued at $500.
• A red and yellow New Holland hay cutter worth $1,000 was stolen Monday from FM 2930 near Blooming Grove.
• A red JCL ATV was stolen Saturday from SWCR 4010 near Dawson. It was worth $3,000.
• Thirteen registered Moroccan chickens, yellow in color, were taken Saturday from their pen just off FM 744 near Hubbard.
• Police were called out to a report of family violence around midnight Saturday on NWCR 0100 near Corsicana.
• A young longhorn bull, described as black with white spots on his rear end, was found loose Saturday afternoon on NWCR 2110 near Barry. Around 7 a.m. Saturday, a caller reported a loose black cow at FM 1839 and FM 1126 near Emhouse.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.