By Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A woman reported her home had been burglarized sometime Wednesday afternoon in the 900 block of East Park Avenue.
• A thief took some cash from a woman’s wallet which she had left in her car Wednesday at the Walmart. The burglar did not take the purse.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• An attempted car burglary was reported around 3:20 p.m. Tuesday on SECR 2190 near Eureka. The same complainant reported that someone tried to break into a building at the same address.
• Thieves stole a Ryobi battery-powered drill, a white LG air conditioner, and a black and white 15-inch flatscreen Dell computer monitor from a building Tuesday on NWCR 190 near Barry. Total value of the items was estimated at $1,799.
• Deputies recovered a 9 mm pistol and bag containing lighters, ammunition and a cell phone charger Monday from a home in the 1200 block of West 14th in Corsicana.
• A black men’s Rolex watch, a man’s Mason ring, a woman’s wedding ring, and a man’s diamond ring were stolen in a theft Wednesday in the 1600 block of Southeast McKinney in Rice.
• Lawn equipment and tools, including two Stihl string trimmers, a Stihl chain saw, a Stihl edger, and Stihl leaf blower, were stolen Wednesday from a building on NWCR 0001 near Corsicana. Estimated loss was $1,500.
• An intoxicated driver stopped his pickup in the middle of the road before passing out around 3:20 a.m. Thursday on Highway 31 near Corsicana. The man was arrested for public intoxication and unlawfully carrying weapons.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.