Individual Mildred HS students placing in UIL events include the following students:
• Accounting - Ella Watts, second place; Elizabeth Wright, third, and Ally Ayers, fourth.
• Calculator Applications - Donnie Morphew, fourth, Taylor Arnett, fifth
• Current Issues and Events - Brooke-lyn Lower, sixth.
• Computer Applications - Chevy Hanna, first; Jase Butler, second; John Aldama, third.
• Computer Science - Nicholas Stone, first; Eli Powers, second; Tiger Hill, sixth; Chevy Hanna, sixth (tie).
• Feature Writing - Haley Jenkins, fourt; Ally Ayers, fifth.
• Headline Writing - Collin Linex, second; Haley Jenkins, sixth.
• Informative Speaking - Cole Dulworth, first.
• Lincoln Douglas Debate - Eli Powers, fourth .
• Literary Criticism - Kati Hafner, second.
• Mathematics - Nicholas Stone, third.
• Number Sense - Chevy Hanna, first; Tyler Malone, second.
• News Writing - Haley Jenkins, third; Bethany Brown, sixth.
• Persuasive Speaking - Danny Smith, fifth; Molly Gaines, sixth.
• Poetry Interpretation - Nicholas Stone, second; Molly Gaines, fourth; Danny Smith, sixth.
• Prose Interpretation - Cole Dulworth, second; Katie Casaday, sixth.
• Ready Writing - Elise Gray, fourth.
• Science - Chevy Hanna, sixth, Top Scorer in Physics
• Social Studies - Clayton White, sixth.
• Spelling & Vocabulary - Angel Carpenter, second; Collin Linex, third; Clay Waller, sixth.
Janet Jacobs may be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to “sound off” to this article? E-mail: Soundoff@corsicanadailysun.com