Corsicana Police Department
• A woman reported being assaulted by a family member around 11:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of West Second Avenue. It was the second time in less than a year.
• A robbery and assault took place at 9:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 2000 block of West Collin Street. Acquaintances of the complainant beat him up and took his money.
• A woman reported that two men had a fight in her yard around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East 14th Ave. One had a pipe, another a mop handle. When the second guy realized he was outgunned, so to speak, he threw down the mop handle and got an ice scraper. Both men were slightly injured but no one went to the hospital.
• A man reported that someone stole a chiminea and a bicycle from his porch Tuesday night in the 1800 block of South U.S. Highway 287.
• A man broke out the rear window of a pickup around 12:30 p.m. in the Walmart parking lot during a family disturbance, and the glass fell on the two little kids inside.
• A high school student being arrested fought with the cops Oct. 17, resulting in additional charges of assaulting a public servant and resisting arrest.
• Police responded to calls about shoplifting at the Walmart at 1:51 p.m., 5:40 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., and 11 p.m. Friday. Then again at 1:58 p.m., 4:15 p.m., and 11 p.m. on Saturday.
• A riding lawn mower worth more than $500 was reported missing sometime over the weekend from the 1000 block of West 13th Avenue.
• A homeowner found two strangers in his house trying to steal stuff around 2:15 p.m. Monday in the 2900 block of North Business 45.
Kerens Police Department
• On Oct. 11, Kerens Police Officers Erik Heilmann and Sgt. Roy Ivey responded to a domestic disturbance involving a husband and wife. The man had fled the scene, but officers took a statement and then got an arrest warrant. Last week, the 30-year-old husband was located and arrested. He was put into the jail in lieu of a $25,000 bond.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Thieves stole an air conditioning unit from a business Sunday on South Interstate 45 in Angus. The A/C was valued at $1,500.
• A burglar took a Samsung Galaxy Tablet worth $500 and about $30 in change Saturday from a home on Northeast County Road 0160 near Roane.
• Some hand tools, power tools and a ladder were taken from a GMC Century truck Friday while it was parked on SW CR 1005 near Corsicana.
• Twenty red chickens were stolen Saturday from a pen off FM 744 near Pelham.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
A special pre-Christmas gift was shared with a Mildred Elementary teacher Tuesday marking a memorable day.
Police nab robbery suspect
A man wearing a gas mask and a wig trying to rob a downtown finance company was arrested without incident Wednesday afternoon.
UPDATE: Purdon man wounded in accidental shooting
A Navarro County man was hospitalized late Tuesday following what is being called an accidental shooting.
Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner identified the victim as Brandon Putman. He said Putman was hit by fire from an AR-15 rifle that accidentally discharged.
Crime Stoppers takes fight online
With a new presence on social media, the Navarro County Crime Stoppers program is alive and well.
The Navarro County Crime Stoppers group has launched a Facebook page to help spread its message, hoping to generate new leads in crimes.
Local Beat 12/19/13
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
AAA Texas expects 7.9M to travel for holidays
IRVING — AAA Texas has predicted 7.9 million people statewide will be traveling during the upcoming 12-day holiday period.
Tigers help share Christmas cheer
It was a helping hand the Salvation Army needed - with over 200 gifts for Christmas giving to "angels" adopted by students at Corsicana High School.
Accidental shooting hospitalizes one
A Navarro County man is hospitalized in Dallas Wednesday following what is being called an accidental shooting.
Fox 4’s Fiona makes Ranch stop
So what daring thing does Fiona Gorostiza do before ending her career as a Dallas/Fort Worth television journalist? Visit Corsicana’s craziest duo, of course.
True Value helps share Christmas spirit
True Value Distribution Center provided some extra help to the Bikes for Tykes campaign of Corsicana's City National Bank Tuesday.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Celebrating life