Corsicana Police Department
• A woman rolled her car in the 400 block of Oaklawn because she was distracted by some loose helium balloons in the car on Tuesday.
• Someone stole several chairs from the K&S Bowling Center Wednesday in the 2800 block of West Seventh Ave.
• A woman reported that several people had assaulted her Thursday in the 1400 block of West Park Ave.
• A storage building was burglarized Thursday in the 1300 block of MLK Blvd.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A beige horse was reported missing Sunday from a Powell address.
• A black paintball gun was stolen from a vehicle Thursday while it was parked at Mildred High School.
• A series of electronic items were stolen Thursday from a building on South U.S. Highway 287 near Eureka. Among the things taken were four LCD monitors, cables and cords, LCD projectors, microphones, tripod screens, speakers, LED lights, and a mixing board.
• An air compressor, a generator and an air hose were taken Thursday from a home on Northwest County Road 0105 near Corsicana.
• Four aluminum center-line wheels, two radiators and some dumb bells were taken Wednesday from an address on FM 1603 near Chatfield.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Corsicana ISD will be open Monday
The Corsicana Independent School District will be open Monday, Dec. 9 the district announced Sunday.
TAPPS football, Corsicana a match
It came as one of those calls from out of the blue. The state’s largest private school athletic organization had hopes of leaving cavernous Floyd Casey Stadium in Waco for smaller, yet sleek confines for its three state football championships. Corsicana landed on the radar.
Sheriff's Corner: November another busy month for sheriff's office
The Sheriff's Office answered 1,359 calls for service in November that included 121 loose livestock calls, 17 burglary motor vehicle, 8 burglary of building and 16 residential burglaries. The N.C.S.O. Dispatch received 1,847 calls for assistance to 9-1-1 during the month. There were 310 persons arrested and booked into the Navarro County Justice center.
Divided Attention: Thomas McNutt has ties to both teams in TAPPS DIII title game
Without conviction, Thomas McNutt would probably be in Chapel Hill, N.C. Instead, the 23-year-old Texas A&M graduate is here, in Corsicana, learning the family business at the Collin Street Bakery. For an evening, he’ll get to relive some of the greatest memories of his life, and make a few more. When Dallas’ First Baptist Academy faces Bryan’s Brazos Christian School for the TAPPS Division III state championship at Tiger Stadium Monday, McNutt will be there.
But who will he root for?
Weather stirring things up
About 93 homes were without power Friday afternoon in Northwestern Corsicana, on streets around Forrest and Cambridge, the result most likely of ice on lines and in nearby trees.Sporadic outages had been reported around Corsicana, most of them caused by trees limbs sagging under the weight of ice and pulling on power lines, said Pat Ann Wilson, spokeswoman for Oncor.
Annual Navarro County Toy Run bike ride off, but effort to go on
The eighth annual Navarro County Toy Run will ride on. Well, not the ride part. It has been canceled thanks to the weather. Collecting toys and cash for kids around the area is alive and well. The toy drive, spearheaded by the Wind & Fire (firefighters) and Blue Knights (police officers) motorcycle clubs, will go on Saturday despite the fact Mother Nature did not cooperate.
Corsicana Christmas Parade set for 6 p.m. start
The Festival of Lights Christmas Parade in Corsicana will go on as scheduled at 6 p.m. Saturday. That's the word Saturday from parade organizer Dennis Thornberg, who said while the weather wil be cold, it should be dry at parade time.
Police wives’ group chipping in with toy drive before parade
These ladies stay busy. They park cars at community events. Host fundraisers. Help out families. You know, the good stuff for mankind. Saturday, they intend to brave the cold in downtown for needy children in the community. The Corsicana Police Officers’ Wives Auxiliary is teaming up with Double Trouble Duds for a toy drive before the parade Saturday. And yes, Santa will be there.
Downtown lighting canceled; parade marches on
The downtown lighting ceremony scheduled for Friday night has been canceled, according to Main Street Director Steve Dieterichs.
The Christmas Parade, hosted by the Festival of Lights, will go ahead as planned on Saturday night, according to Dennis Thornberg, parade organizer.
Road conditions, weather likely to get worse through day
Navarro County avoided the large accumulations of ice overnight, but that could soon change. Temperatures managed to stay above freezing for the most part, and most roads are clear. A wave of heavy rain mixed with sleet and thunder just rolled through, and temperatures are expected to fall throughout the day.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Corsicana ISD will be open Monday