Corsicana Police Department
• A business was burglarized Wednesday night in the 2200 block of South Business 45.
• A home burglary was reported to have taken place sometime between July 7 and July 10 in the 600 block of South 14th St.
• On Wednesday, a man walking in the 2800 block of West Collin reported that he was bitten and attacked by two aggressive dogs around 9:15 a.m.
• Thieves cut the lock on a gate sometime between July 5 and July 9 and stole items from a business in the 200 block of Bunert Park Road.
• Two riding lawn mowers were stolen July 6 from a business in the 3800 block of Highway 31.
• Two fishing poles were stolen from the back of a pickup July 8 while the vehicle was parked in the 200 block of East 19th Ave.
• A man reported that someone he knew well tried to run him over with a vehicle and then threatened to shoot him July 5. He reported the incident on Monday.
• Among the car burglaries in the last week, more than $1,500 worth of items were taken July 6 from a vehicle parked in the 3500 block of Corsicana Crossing.
• On July 3, a man reported to police that someone he knew had keyed his car and caused at least $500 in damage. He wanted to file charges of criminal mischief and harassment. The incident happened in the 1000 block of North 23rd Street.
• A woman’s purse was stolen from her car overnight July 3. The burglary took place while the car was parked in the 1900 block of Mimosa Drive.
• A home was burglarized sometime between June 30 and July 2 in the 800 block of South 19th Street.
• An air conditioning unit was stolen July 1 from a a building in the 1800 block of South Business 45.
• A woman reported that someone shattered the rear window of her vehicle around 5 p.m. July 4 while the car was parked in the 600 block of South 14th Street.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Home, sweet home
Judy and Wayne Nelson had a family of visitors last week — the daughter and grandchildren of the architect who designed their 1927 house on Mills Place.
Six arrested following drug raid
Six people were arrested following the execution of a search warrant Thursday night by the Corsicana Police Department’s narcotics detectives, patrol officers and a Navarro County Sheriff’s deputy who works as a courtesy officer for the Arbors Apartment, 1300 N. 45th St.
AgriLife adds two new agents to Navarro office
It’s been awhile since the AgriLife Extension office in Navarro County has been fully staffed, but it’s going great guns now.
New to the staff are Meredith DeBorde, and Lorie Stovall, who will be heading up the 4-H programs and the family and consumer programs, respectively.
Sheriff seeks salary shuffle
Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner went to the County Commissioner’s budget workshop Thursday to ask for a change of how his officers are compensated, or, alternately, an 8 percent across-the-board raise.
Floating a big fundraiser idea
The big night is fast approaching for the 10 Grand Country Jam, an Aug. 2 fundraiser for the Child Advocates of Navarro County. What will make it a big night is the grand prize, a $31,000 pontoon boat.
Honoring a hero
Since March of this year, the family of Candelario Garcia Jr. has been so proud of him, they could burst.
Commissioners start budget process
The Navarro County Commissioner’s Court held its first budget workshop Wednesday, the first of a dozen or more over the next month or so.
Public pianos invite players
Corsicana has always been a musical town, with emphasis on country and western, rock and roll, bluegrass and Gospel, but now the parks and recreation department is moving towards bringing music to the masses in a different way. They’re going to put pianos downtown, on the sidewalks for anyone to play at random.
Navarro County 4-H Club holds event
Texas A&M AgriLife Extention will hold Summer Exploration Days at the Navarro County Expo on Tuesday, July 29 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
New date for IPL Job Fair announced
Tarrant Regional Water District IPL (integrated pipe line) Project will hold a Job Fair from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014 at The Cook Center.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Home, sweet home