By Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A 19-year-old woman entering the Brookshire’s driveway around 7:30 p.m. last Saturday from 13th Street was met by an exiting car so the driver panicked, drove over the curb and knocked over the air pump stand.
• A car that turned onto Mountain Drive from U.S. 287 then started backing up hit the car immediately behind it. The accident happened around 7 a.m. Monday.
• A shoplifter at the Walmart lied to police when asked his name around midnight Wednesday, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• Four people were arrested for vandalism around 2 a.m. Saturday in Fullerton-Garitty Park, 3200 McKnight Lane.
• Counterfeit money was passed Sunday at McDonald’s, 1934 MLK, and at the Shamrock station, 1100 MLK.
• The 23-year-old driver of a Chevy Impala tried to drive around a big puddle just before noon Monday in the 2200 block of West Fifth accidentally hit the gas pedal instead of the brake, sending the car shooting off the road and into a utility pole.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A rash of car burglaries took place Nov. 22 in Blooming Grove. The thieves took a Nike backpack and a brown wallet from a 2005 Kia on West Granger; a leopard Victoria’s Secret backpack from a 2012 Kia, also on West Granger; $3 worth of change from a 2011 GMC on Kerr; sunglasses and $4 in change from a 2011 Ford Edge on Houston Street; some prescription drugs from a 2012 Chrysler on North Walton; a purse and wallet from a Dodge on Castle Circle; five halters, some lead ropes, and pliers from a Dodge Charger on Lone Cedar Pike.
• Burglars broke into a storage building Wednesday to steal a riding lawn mower, four plastic bins full of Christmas decorations, a chest of tools, three shotguns, several handguns, two rifles, and a four-foot Coca-Cola sign on Liberty Drive in Oak Valley.
• Thieves stole a 51-inch TV, and a 42-inch TV, both worth about $1,300 Wednesday from a home on South McKinney in Rice.
• Burglars stole a 32-inch TV and a Toshiba laptop computer Tuesday from a home on FM 709 near Dawson.
• A 72-inch Samsung television worth $3,000 was taken, along with an X-Box, six controllers, rechargeable batteries and charger, Nintendo game system, and a Vizio TV by home burglars Tuesday on FM 709 near Purdon. The total value of the all the items was estimated at just under $6,000.
• Thieves stole an iPad, a 47-inch TV and some jewelry, all worth about $2,500, Nov. 22 on FM 1126 near Barry.
• Someone cleaned out a storage unit of everything from a washing machine, four tires, some car parts, tools, rods and reels, a 17-inch computer monitor, some clothes, a coin collection, a knife collection, a TV and an Armani watch, Sunday on Reagan in Angus.
• A ticket was issued last Saturday for consumption of alcohol by a minor around midnight on SWCR 3070 near Purdon.
• A gray and black donkey was found loose last Sunday on NECR 0170 near Roane.
• A chainsaw in a case was found Sunday at Business 45 and Interstate 45 near Corsicana. It was turned into police.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Office.