Corsicana Police Station
• A woman reported that someone she knew took her car without permission around 3 p.m. Saturday from the 2200 block of West 13th Avenue.
• A pistol was stolen from a car soemtime between Jan. 2 and Saturday in the 2300 block of West Third Avenue.
• A complainant reported that someone he knew hit him in the face around 5 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of MLK Boulevard.
• A home was burglarized Saturday in the 500 block of East 14th Avenue.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Vandals did more sthan $6,000 worth of damage to Wolf Creek Park Jan. 4 at Navarro Mills Reservoir, destroying picnic tables, breaking lights in the bathroom and pavillions and toilet seats in the bathroom, punching holes in the bathroom walls, pulling up and breaking signs and even the covers on the pavillion lights. There are no suspects.
• Four loose cows were found Jan. 7 at the intersection of FM 309 and Southeast County Road 3250 near Kerens.
• Two mares, one brown and one tan, were found loose Jan. 5 on SE CR 1098 near Corsicana.
• Thieves stole video games, a computer tablet, and a television/DVD and damaged a door Jan. 6 on FM 709 near Purdon.
• A blue, rusty 16-foot flatbed trailer with two ramps was taken Jan. 7 from NW CR 2004 near Corsicana. It was valued at $1,200. The thieves cut the lock off a gate to take the trailer away. The suspect’s vehicle was described as a red Chevy pickup with loud exhaust.
• Car burglars broke into three trucks Jan. 6 that were parked on SW CR 3140 near Purdon.
• A generator and a push lawnmower were noticed missing Jan. 5 from a shed on NW CR 0143 near Rice. They were valued at $950.
• A laptop and an iPad computer were taken Jan. 4 from a home just off Interstate 45 near Angus.
• A 15-inch saddle and a bridle worth a combined $135 were taken from a building Jan. 5 on NE CR 2021 near Kerens.
Corsicana Police Station
- Latest News
May 10 elections taking shape
Filing for city and school district elections ended last week, and many local governments are already breathing a sigh of relief that they can cancel elections, since there are a number of unopposed races.
City Council to hold workshop, meeting Monday
The Corsicana City Council has scheduled a workshop for 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Government Center conference room, followed by a 6 p.m. regular agenda meeting in the council chambers.
Commissioners Court meets Monday
The Navarro County Commissioners Court will meet in regular session at 10 a.m. Monday to accept a donation from the Navarro Community Foundation for the courthouse restoration project, and to consider putting more money into overtime for the sheriff’s office.
History on loan
A slice of Texas history is being preserved for future generations with the help of the Corsicana Public Library.
The original 1870 indictment of John Wesley Hardin for attempted murder was placed in the Corsicana Public Library by the Navarro County District Clerk Josh Tackett Thursday, in honor of Texas History Month.
Daylight Saving Time starts at 2 a.m. Sunday
A sure sign that spring is on the horizon: It's time to set the clocks forward for daylight saving time.
Kerens Education Foundation distributes grant awards
Members of the Kerens Education Foundation paid a surprise visit to the Kerens ISD campuses Friday, distributing grants for classroom use in Kerens schools.
Mayor: Downtown gearing up for fun
I would like to begin by saying thank you to each of you that took the time to respond to the downtown event survey. Your input is valuable and much needed.
Local Beat 3/8/14
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
January jobless rate in Texas falls to 5.7 percent
AUSTIN — The Texas unemployment rate slipped to 5.7 percent in January and became the state's lowest jobless figure since November 2008.The Texas Workforce Commission on Friday reported the seasonally adjusted rate for January is the sixth straight month of declines in statewide unemployment.
Science students headed to state
It’s on to state competition for 10 science students following a successful showing in Waco.
- More Latest News Headlines
- May 10 elections taking shape