Corsicana Police Department
• Two dogs were taken Friday from the 1100 block of South Seventh St.
• Counterfeit money was intercepted Friday morning at the Wendy’s, 2900 S. U.S. 287.
• A woman reported that her iPad was stolen Saturday afternoon while she was eating a late lunch at Applebee’s, 1901 S. Interstate 45.
• A shoplifter was reported at 3:25 p.m. Friday at the Walmart, 3801 W. Highway 22. A woman was arrested for shoplifting around 4 a.m. Sunday at the Walmart. She had tried to hide the items in her purse.
• A man reported that he was assaulted around 1:30 a.m. Saturday while he was visiting a friend’s home in the 900 block of East First. He claimed he didn’t know his assailant.
• A man responding to an ad about a dog for sale thinks he might have gotten scammed. He reported the incident Saturday.
• A man reported that he was walking down the street around 4 p.m. Friday when he was jumped by several Hispanic males who stole his cell phone in the 800 block of West Ninth Ave.
• A man tried to run from police around 6:20 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of East First Ave., after they caught him with drug paraphernalia.
• Two men were arrested for public intoxication around 4 a.m. Sunday in the 1300 block of East Sixth Avenue.
• A vehicle was stolen sometime between 10 p.m. Saturday and 7:30 a.m. Sunday from the 600 block of South 18th and 1/2 St.
• A welder was stolen from the bed of a pickup was stolen sometime between 9 p.m. Sunday and 7 a.m. Monday from where it was parked in the 600 block of West 13th Ave.
• A home was burglarized Monday or Tuesday in the 1500 block of G.W. Jackson Ave.
• Person arrested for cussing around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 1900 block of MLK Boulevard.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Minor injuries in Highway 22 crash
A crash involving four vehicles Thursday evening on West State Highway 22 near Blooming Grove resulted in only minor injuries.
Name the Water Park Contest to debut at Derrick Days
One lucky person could win season passes for the whole family and other exciting prizes if their entry is chosen in the Derrick Days “Name the Water Park Contest.”
Mexican Fighting Bull added to Derrick Days Rodeo
When the Derrick Days Rodeo begins its two night run tonight at the Navarro County Youth Expo Center, a very special competition has been added. The Law Office of Michael J. Crawford is making a new form of entertainment possible at the Navarro County Derrick Days Rodeo.
Church News for Friday, April 25, 2014
News and announcements submitted by congregations throughout Navarro County.
Kid's College signup begins May 1
Plans are set for another week of summer learning and fun at Navarro College with the return of “Kid's College” for Summer 2014.
Derrick Days: Hot Diggity Dogs
The Derrick Days Hot Dog Kick-off Luncheon and Dinner went off without a hitch under gorgeous blue skies and accompanied by free concerts.
Navarro College national cheer champs take center stage
The Navarro College Cheer Team signed autographs Wednesday afternoon, soaking up some sun and accolades on the Corsicana campus following the group's sixth straight national title.
Police nab fraud suspect
Corsicana Police say news coverage of a fraudulent solicitation for funds played a role in the arrest of a woman falsely claiming to be collecting money for the YMCA.
Healthy Woman program celebrates six years of service
Topics ranging from nutrition to healthy hearts to safe skin practices have been covered for the last six years by the Navarro Regional Hospital's Healthy Woman program.
Local Beat for 4/24/14
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Minor injuries in Highway 22 crash