Kerens Police Department
• Additional charges have been added to the charges already leveled against Antwone Warren, 43, who is accused of burglarizing a home in rural Navarro County near Kerens. When arrested on Sept. 17, Warren told police he had sold an ATV. Turns out, he had simply altered the look of the ATV and kept it. It was one of three ATVs allegedly stolen in the course of that burglary. Additional theft and false report charges have been added to Warren’s counts. The altered ATV has been returned to its owner. Warren has been released from jail after posting a $25,000 bond.
• A car chase that began in Kerens ended on the western edge of the county, with pursuit from Kerens, Corsicana, Navarro County deputies, and Navarro College police all chasing the car before they managed to box it in and bring it to a halt.
The chase began in the early morning hours of Sunday when Kerens PD Officer Robert Cook saw the car speeding through Kerens. They tried using tire spikes, but that didn’t work. As the chase sped up, the guy reached speeds of up to 120 miles per hour on Highway 31, heading west. The chase lasted about half an hour.
Randall Todd, 44, was arrested and charged with attempt to flee or evade, possession of meth, and a warrant from Orange County for failure to appear.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A wallet containing several credit cards, a Social Security card and a driver’s license was lost Sept. 17 at the rest stop on Northbound Interstate 45 near Richland. The owner hails from Canada.
• Four cows, described as two black cows, one white cow and a six-month-old gray bull, went missing from their pasture Sept. 18 on SECR 2010 near Corsicana.
• A brown and tan Ryobi string trimmer, and a red and black leaf blower were stolen Friday from home on NWCR 0190 near Rice.
• A man who appeared to be intoxicated was arrested at 5 a.m. Sunday on Lakeside Drive in Mustang.
• A large tan horse was found loose last Thursday morning on NECR 1040 near Rice.
• Burglars took a 42-inch flat-screen TV, a Sony BluRay player, a Bowie knife and a 19-inch Dell laptop computer Saturday from a home on NWCR 2005 near Corsicana.
• A Taurus .357 was stolen from a truck Sept. 17 while it was parked on NECR 1060 near Rice.
• More than $1,000 worth of copper wire, a red Lincoln welder, and a dolly with solid rubber tires were stolen from a home Sunday on SWCR 0018 near Retreat.