By Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana ISD Police
• School police officers and City of Corsicana Animal Control Officers responded to a report of a skunk at Corsicana High School on Monday morning. The skunk sprayed a few cars and officers before running away towards the baseball fields, where it was shot. Because it was morning, and the animal appeared scared, it was unlikely to be rabid. It did not come into contact with any humans or animals, according to Animal Shelter Manager MeLony Jordan.
“It ran away from the school towards the baseball field, because that’s a healthy sign they aren’t going to send it off (to be checked for rabies),” Jordan said. “A bad sign is when they aren’t afraid and try to come into the building or run towards humans or animals.”
Corsicana Police Department
• A man reported that someone stole his TV from his home Wednesday from the 800 block of East 10th Avenue.
• A woman reported that a man threatened to slap her and pour a drink on her around 11:30 p.m. Saturday in the 3200 block of West Highway 22.
• Police followed a GPS signal to find a stolen car around 3:40 p.m. Sunday to the 200 block of Bunert Park Road, where they found a guy with some drugs. He was arrested.
Corsicana Fire Department
• A property owner was cited Saturday after setting fire to a massive pile of brush and trash at 1800 E. Third Avenue in Corsicana. The burning trash caused an enormous column of smoke to rise up over the city Saturday afternoon.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports issued by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.