From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
The Navarro County Commissioners Court is expected to name a Courthouse Security Committee at its meeting scheduled for 10 a.m. Monday in the Navarro County Courthouse.
On Thursday, County Judge H.M. Davenport Jr. announced the implementation of metal detectors at courtroom entrances and also at the basement handicapped entrance, to screen visitors to the courthouse. He said more security measures are being planned to ensure safety of courthouse personnel and visitors.
Another security related item on Monday’s agenda is an increase in security fund expenditures in the amount of $20,000 for equipment upgrades.
Also on Monday’s agenda:
• Consent agenda.
• Update on burn ban.
• Tax collector’s report.
• Presentation by Economic Development Director Lee McCleary.
• Storage of District Clerk records.
• Payment for court reporter.
• Salvage declarations for paper, desk and chair.
• Training certification for Sheriff Elmer Tanner.
• Lease/purchase of utility tractor for Pct. 3.
• County Auditor’s report.
• Closed session to discuss personnel.
• Action, if any, on closed session topic.
Commissioners will recess for lunch, then are scheduled to return at 1 p.m. for a workshop on the courthouse restoration project.
— From Staff Reports