Corsicana Police Department
• Rabid skunks were found and dispatched this past week at the I.O.O.F. Park, and in the area of Goodwin Road. People should report any daytime sighting of a skunk to the police department (903) 654-4902 immediately. As well, residents with pets should make sure their animals’ rabies vaccinations are up-to-date.
• A theft of property was reported at noon Thursday in the 2800 block of West Second Avenue.
• A man reported being assaulted by two people he knew around 9 p.m. Thursday in the 3700 block of West Highway 31.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A trip to the grocery store turned into a fight around 10 p.m. Wednesday just off Interstate 45 at the Angus Discount Grocery. Apparently, two men got into a shouting match and then things turned physical. Officers stopped one of the people who participated in the fight and ended up calling him an ambulance. The situation is still under investigation.
• Fifty feet of barbed wire was damaged when a 2009 GMC 2500 drove through it around 5 a.m. Thursday on FM 709 near Pursley. No one was injured.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Office