Corsicana Police Department
• A 58-year-old man was arrested Sunday morning after a police officer saw him littering and the man gave the officer a false address. The incident took place in the 300 block of North 21st and a half Street.
• A shoplifter was arrested around 8:50 p.m. Sunday at the HEB, 201 S. 15th St.
• A woman called police because someone she knew acted like he was going to hit her around noon Monday in the 200 block of East Fifth Avenue.
• Some items were stolen from the 800 block of East 12th Avenue sometime overnight Monday or Tuesday morning.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Two adult shih tzu/beagles named Diamond and Clarabelle were reported missing Friday from their home on Northwest County Road 0015 near Corsicana. Both were wearing collars.
• Eight padlocks were broken in a burglary reported Thursday on Highway 287 near Eureka.
• A black Apple iPhone 4S was stolen Friday from the 300 block of West Second Avenue in Corsicana. The owner set the value at $500.
• A brown and white horse was reported stolen or missing Saturday from the Dawson Liquor Store in Dawson. The value was set at $1,500.
• Six rods and reels, a radio console, two blue tubs full of radio parts, some toys a bench vise and two drawers full of phonograph parts were stolen Monday from a building on South Highway 287 near Eureka. Value was set at $1,625.
• A small Sears brand tiller was stolen Tuesday from West Highway 31 near Purdon. Valued at $200.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Freeze leaving post at Corsicana Public Library
The City of Corsicana has announced that Library Director Chad Freeze is leaving the Corsicana Public Library for a position with Navarro College.
Teen boys accused of killing high school classmate
WYLIE — Two 16-year-olds are accused of targeting and killing a classmate in what may have been a dispute over a girl, after police in Texas say they were caught trying to dump the other boy's body.
Tragedy in Eureka: Detectives believe shooting of 3-year-old accidental
A 3-year-old boy was shot and killed Monday in Eureka in what appears to be an tragic accidental shooting between two cousins, according to Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner.
Mildred ISD to provide grief counseling Tuesday
Becky Burns of Mildred ISD has announced Mildred Elementary School will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday providing grief counseling following Monday’s tragedy in Eureka.
Storm spotter training well attended
The National Weather Service office in Fort Worth has monitors, radar, radio, computers, cell phones and satellite feeds, but no windows.
To get a good view of what’s actually happening, they rely on spotters, explained Mark A. Fox, warning and coordination meteorologist with the National Weather Service, who spoke Saturday at a Skywarn training seminar at the Palace Theatre in Corsicana.
Council reviews ordinance changes
The Corsicana City Council continued its discussions during a Monday work session on proposed changes to the city’s ordinances regulating several areas — among them, banners, satellite dishes, fencing in front yards, bamboo growth, windows in the downtown district and specific use permits for manufactured homes.
County OKs more overtime
At the request of Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner, the county commissioners court authorized transferring another $50,000 into overtime pay, primarily for the jail.
Detectives believe shooting of 3-year-old accidental
A 3-year-old boy was shot and killed Monday morning in Eureka in what appears to be an accidental shooting between two children, according to Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner.
UPDATE: 3-year-old child killed in shooting
Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner has confirmed that a 3-year-old Navarro County child has died as the result of a shooting in the Eureka area Monday afternoon.
Deputies responding to report of shooting
Navarro County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating the report of a shooting involving a child in the Eureka area at midday Monday.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Freeze leaving post at Corsicana Public Library