From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
The Navarro County Commissioner’s Court is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the County Courtroom of the Navarro County Courthouse.
The meeting is being held Tuesday instead of the regular Monday schedule due to the Columbus Day holiday observance on Monday, Oct. 14.
On the county agenda for Tuesday:
• Consent agenda, including minutes of previous meetings, payment of bills, several replats, budget adjustments, and a cell phone authorization.
• Discussion of burn ban.
• Department of Justice Bulletproof Vest program grant for the Sheriff’s Office.
• Presentation of Certificates of Appreciation from the American Legion.
• Specific use permit request for RVs on a lake lot during home construction.
• Tax collection report by Russell Hudson.
• Treasurer’s report by Frank Hull.
• Revisions to collateral management agreement passed on June 24, 2013.
• Request to add culverts and gravel on NECR 0190 in Precinct 1.
• Approval of Bill King as city/county economic development director.
• Appointment to Navarro Central Appraisal District board.
• Memorandum of Understanding with Indigent Healthcare Solutions for jail health care pricing.
• Request county auditor to audit procedures for the sheriff’s and district attorney’s forfeiture funds.
• Contract with Otis Elevator for annual inspection of courthouse elevator.
A public forum time is scheduled at the beginning of each commissioners court meeting for members of the public who wish to address the court.
— From Staff Reports