Corsicana Police Department
• A woman reported that someone broke into her car either Wednesday night or Thursday morning and stole her wallet. The car was parked in the 3000 block of Lynne Ave.
• Someone sprayed paint on the side of a car Tuesday night while the car was parked in the 300 block of Wesley Drive.
• A hit-and-run was reported around 5:30 p.m. in the 100 block of North 24th Street. The unknown driver hit a parked car and then fled without leaving any contact information.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A person was arrested for getting drunk and vulgar around 1 a.m. Friday in Mustang.
• A thief stole the copper coils from an air conditioner Thursday from a business on South Interstate 45 in Mustang.
• Thieves stole a 12-bladed disk worth $1,500 from a property on Northwest County Road 1190 near Barry. It was described as rust-colored.
• A black Kenwood four-channel amplifier was taken in a burglary Wednesday on South Hopkins in Emhouse. The amp was valued at $100.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Pennies for Presents
A powerful, visual lesson in giving took place at Carroll Elementary Wednesday morning, when the 750 children on that campus raised over $1,400 in pennies for “children in need,” and were able to see the fruits of their labors when the curtains opened for the big “reveal.”
Share the Warmth: Corsicana Cleaners Coat Drive is on
They’ve been doing it for years, just as regular as cold weather and fruitcake season in Corsicana.
Corsicana Cleaners and Laundry has again launched its annual winter coat drive, a way to provide warm winter clothing for those in need.
Texas Rangers called to investigate death
Texas Rangers have been called to take over an investigation into the death of a man following an incident Wednesday involving an off-duty Malakoff police officer.
Texans making use of healthcare website
AUSTIN — About 14,000 Texans enrolled for health insurance in October and November on the embattled federal online exchange, nearly five times more than successfully navigated the site during its rocky opening month, but still a tiny tally for such a large state, according to figures released Wednesday.
Local Beat 12/12/13
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
House Republicans signal support for budget deal
WASHINGTON — House Republicans signaled support Wednesday for a budget deal worked out a day earlier, a plan narrowly drawn but promoted as a way to stabilize Congress' erratic fiscal efforts, avert another government shutdown and mute some of the partisan rancor that has damaged Americans' attitudes about their lawmakers.
Man dies after incident involving off-duty Malakoff officer
Texas Rangers have been called to take over an investigation into the death of a man following an incident involving an off-duty Malakoff police officer.
Flu vaccination can still provide protection
After November when you see signs that advertise: “Get your Flu Vaccine here,” you might think, “Isn’t it too late for that?”
The answer is no, it’s not too late.
Seventh Avenue project makes strides
The sign at London Square states that all they want for Christmas is Seventh Avenue. Well, it might not be done by then, but the next stage might start by then.
Give the the gift of safety
With Christmas approaching, many parents are planning to give their child a new bicycle — maybe even their first bicycle.
This is an excellent opportunity to teach children about the importance of wearing a helmet to protect their head.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Pennies for Presents