Corsicana Police Department
• Someone damaged a homeowner’s concrete driveway Wednesday night or Thursday morning in the 300 block of East First Avenue.
• A thief stole some items from a storage shed in the 1300 block of North Beaton Street. The loss was noticed Thursday morning.
• A shoplifting incident at the HEB was reported to police Thursday night around 9:30 p.m., 201 S. 15th St.
• A driver accidentally struck the Hair Junction with her car around 8:25 am. Thursday, 2530 South 15th Street. The person was trying to park and missed.
• Thieves stole a trailer sometime Wednesday or Thursday from where it was parked in the 100 block of Boyd Avenue.
— From Staff Reports
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Daylight Saving Time starts at 2 a.m. Sunday
A sure sign that spring is on the horizon: It's time to set the clocks forward for daylight saving time.
Kerens Education Foundation distributes grant awards
Members of the Kerens Education Foundation paid a surprise visit to the Kerens ISD campuses Friday, distributing grants for classroom use in Kerens schools.
Mayor: Downtown gearing up for fun
I would like to begin by saying thank you to each of you that took the time to respond to the downtown event survey. Your input is valuable and much needed.
Local Beat 3/8/14
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
January jobless rate in Texas falls to 5.7 percent
AUSTIN — The Texas unemployment rate slipped to 5.7 percent in January and became the state's lowest jobless figure since November 2008.The Texas Workforce Commission on Friday reported the seasonally adjusted rate for January is the sixth straight month of declines in statewide unemployment.
Science students headed to state
It’s on to state competition for 10 science students following a successful showing in Waco.
Navarro College awarded $350,000 grant
On Thursday, the Jobs and Education for Texans (JET) Advisory Board, chaired by Texas Comptroller Susan Combs, approved approximately $5 million in grants to help 18 public junior colleges and technical institutes purchase technical training equipment.
Navarro College received the largest grant of all, at $350,000, to go towards equipment for the certified welding program.
Warner honored at blood drive
Corsicana’s Roger Warner was honored Thursday at the Red Cross blood drive held at First United Methodist Church.
Warner’s recognition was a part of the Red Cross Month observance, when the organization celebrates and recognizes everyday heroes in the community
Fundraiser helps send middle-schoolers to NYC
Collins Middle School will host a Traveling Market and Resale Fair from 9 to 3 p.m. Saturday in the gym and cafeteria at the middle school, 1500 Dobbins Road.
Church News for Friday, March 7, 2014
News and announcements submitted by area congregations
- More Latest News Headlines
- Daylight Saving Time starts at 2 a.m. Sunday