Corsicana Police Department
• Someone damaged a homeowner’s concrete driveway Wednesday night or Thursday morning in the 300 block of East First Avenue.
• A thief stole some items from a storage shed in the 1300 block of North Beaton Street. The loss was noticed Thursday morning.
• A shoplifting incident at the HEB was reported to police Thursday night around 9:30 p.m., 201 S. 15th St.
• A driver accidentally struck the Hair Junction with her car around 8:25 am. Thursday, 2530 South 15th Street. The person was trying to park and missed.
• Thieves stole a trailer sometime Wednesday or Thursday from where it was parked in the 100 block of Boyd Avenue.
— From Staff Reports
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Navarro County 4-H Club holds event
Texas A&M AgriLife Extention will hold Summer Exploration Days at the Navarro County Expo on Tuesday, July 29 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
New date for IPL Job Fair announced
Tarrant Regional Water District IPL (integrated pipe line) Project will hold a Job Fair from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014 at The Cook Center.
Making voting easier
A new county-wide voting system would let voters cast a ballot at any polling place on election day, eliminating the need to drive to a specific precinct to vote.
Tidwell tapped for top Mildred High post
A baseball coach at heart, about a year ago Aaron Tidwell began to seriously focus on education administration. He just didn’t think an opportunity would present itself so soon. Mildred Independent School District board members approved the 31-year-old Corsicana native as the high school’s new principal Monday night.
Mantle worthy: Oil City presented with Texas Treasure Business Award
Maybe Oil City Iron Works is worth double the treasure. After all, the local icon honored Monday with a state award for employers in business for 50 years has actually been around for 128.
Five arrested in meth raid
The Corsicana Police Department executed a raid on an alleged meth house Saturday afternoon, and it was done in about 45 minutes, all but the paperwork.
“That part is on-going, reports and follow-up,” said Police Chief Randy Bratton on Monday.
Perry orders 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to border
AUSTIN — Gov. Rick Perry says he's deploying as many as 1,000 National Guard troops to the Texas-Mexico border after growing tied of "lip service" from the federal government.
F-4 jet leaving Navarro College for new Florida home
It stood for years in front of the Cook Center at Navarro College. Now, like so many “retirees,” it’s Florida bound.
It took several days to partially dismantle the F-4 Phantom fighter jet enough to travel, but it was done this week.
Mildred to consider Tidwell as principal
The Mildred Independent School District Board of Trustees will consider appointing current baseball coach Aaron Tidwell as the new Mildred High School principal when the group meets in regular session Monday.
Business News: New buildings underway
Two new construction projects along Seventh Avenue have stepped into high gear.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Navarro County 4-H Club holds event