By Paul Hooper
Corsicana and Navarro County Chamber of Commerce
The Corsicana and Navarro County Chamber of Commerce commonly holds Open House ceremonies for new businesses all year long.
Tuesday, they are hosting one themselves, in an effort to help spread the word about the work and opportunities for involvement the chamber offers.
Chamber Ambassadors are hosting an open house at the chamber office at 120 North 12th Street from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, for members and non-members. The public is invited and you can also meet current members and find out more about the many exciting projects the chamber is working on. Free hot dogs, drinks and chips will be provided as long as they last.
The Ambassadors is a group of selected business leaders who volunteer for the chamber and its members, acting as hosts during chamber events and helping new members become acquainted with chamber benefits, programs and activities.
Benefits of being a chamber ambassador include: You will be rewarded by the extra visibility you and your company receive; as a host at chamber events like ribbon cuttings and ground breakings and Business After Hours and other fund raising events, you can meet many of the community’s leading business people; and, when you assist new members in getting to know the benefits of chamber membership, you also are building new relationships for your company and yourself.
How long has the chamber been in existence? Did you know Lowry Martin with the Corsicana Daily Sun was the first Chamber President in 1917-1918? Are you related to someone who headed up the chamber? Come view the Wall of Past Presidents starting with Lowry Martin and see who you know.
What does the chamber do? We promote the businesses and communities it serves. We develop programs that help businesses prosper and grow. We advocate for the interests of our membership on issues of commerce. Learn about the chamber’s Keep Corsicana Beautiful Committee and projects, the new Ombudsman Program, and the Business Expo and Taste of Navarro County planned for October.
Want to know more about the Water and Adventure Park? Come and meet members of the Chamber Task Force that worked closely with the city in bringing the Water and Adventure Park to Corsicana, and the upcoming ground breaking.
Would you like to know about the city’s marketing of Corsicana, promotion of tourism and funding? Ask about the Corsicana Convention and Visitor Bureau (CCVB).
The Chamber of Commerce offers value to our members by:
• Creating a Strong Local Economy.
• Promoting our Business Members through referrals.
• Showcasing our Members’ products and services at our business expos, seminar and at the Chamber office (business cards, brochures, and flyers).
• Partnering with the city and county’s Economic Development Director to retain and bring new businesses to Corsicana and Navarro County.
Promoting the Community
• Including our Visitor Guide and local tourism brochures in all relocation and tourism mailings.
• Through our website which includes a list of our business membership, tourist and relocation information, a link to our Community Calendar, and links to demographic and business information.
• By promoting our community events on our website.
Providing Networking Opportunities
• At our monthly “Business After Hours Mixers,” usually held the third Thursday of each month.
• Through our weekly newsletter that highlights our new members, lists upcoming events, features helpful articles to aid our Membership, and offers our members an avenue to promote their businesses by inserting fliers promoting a special sale, event, or new item.
Representing the Interests of Business with Government
• Through interaction with the Texas State Legislature.
• Through memberships in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives (TCCE) and the Texas Association of Businesses (TAB).
We also offer members the use of our conference room facilities, and copies or labels of our current membership list.
Come on by and join us for a hot dog and sign up to become a Chamber Ambassador.
Paul Hooper is President and CEO of the Corsicana and Navarro County Chamber of Commerce. He may be reached by email at email@example.com. Want to “Soundoff” on this story? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org