From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• An argument between two sisters inspired one of the women to crawl out the window onto a small ledge of their second-story apartment around 1:20 p.m. Thursday in the 3200 block of West Park Row. However, once the sister had left the building, the woman inside the apartment closed the window, so the woman outside chose to leap to the ground, injuring her wrist.
• The Walmart theft prevention crew detained a person who was trying to steal less than $50 worth of merchandise around 12:15 a.m. Thursday, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• A verbal altercation disintegrated into a slapping and kicking fight between two women around 5 a.m. Thursday in the 1800 block of West Park Avenue.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Thieves stole a blue jacket, a package of white socks, a package of underwear, and some games for a Sony Playstation 3 Wednesday when they broke into a home on NWCR 1130 near Corsicana.
• A trailer gate, a post hole digger, an auger 12-inch blade, a rear blade, a hay hookup for a tractor, a hay spear set-up for a truck, some 12-foot T-poles, and two roles of 4 point wire, were stolen Wednesday in a theft on SWCR 3020 near Purdon. Total estimated value was set at $2,670.
• Thieves who broke into a shed Wednesday on SECR 3010 near Corsicana made off with an air compressor, a chainsaw and a floor jack, with a total combined value of $295.
• An Echo string trimmer, and a chainsaw were taken from shed Wednesday on SECR 3015 near Mildred.
• A variety of items, including some wire, a dog cage, a bed frame, some wire, four air conditioning units, and nine computers, were taken Tuesday in a theft on FM 3041 near Roane.
• Thieves stole a wide variety of tools and equipment in a theft Thursday on NWCR 2020 near Corsicana. Among the items taken were a chainsaw, a string trimmer, a vase shaped like a cowboy boot, a wire welder, power washer, bug zapper, wrenches, a power saw, floor jack, welding helmet, two grinders, various hand tools, a couple of wet-dry vacuums, a T-post puller, a flashlight, a shooting stick, a 20-inch TV, some jewelry, a pocket knife and 20 bales of hay. Total value was estimated at more than $5,000.
• A red and white horse worth $1,000 was taken Thursday from a pasture on South Highway 55 near Blooming Grove.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.