From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A woman reported that someone she knows grabbed her arm and she wanted to file assault charges. The incident took place around midnight Saturday in the 700 block of East 14th Avenue.
• A man reported that someone did at least $500 in criminal mischief to his house over the weekend in the 100 block of Thompson Avenue.
• A trailer was stolen over the weekend from a business in the 500 block of North Beaton St.
• Four officers responded to a disturbance around 1 a.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of North Business.
• A juvenile assaulted another member of the family around 1 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of East College Avenue, then ran away for four hours.
• A shoplifter was caught trying to steal less than $50 worth of items around 1:35 p.m. Saturday at the Walmart.
• A woman said her cell phone was stolen Tuesday around 1 p.m. while at a business in the 3800 block of West Seventh Avenue.
• A woman reported hearing gunshots behind her house around 2:39 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 E. 16th Avenue.
• Property was stolen from a storage room over the weekend in the 3100 block of West Highway 22.
• Some aluminum was stolen from Corsicana ISD sometime in the last two weeks and sold at a scrap yard.
• A woman reported that someone in her family assaulted her and stole money from her over the weekend in the 800 block of G.W. Jackson Ave.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
Deputy Stan Farmer and Corsicana Police Officer and Task Force member Garrett Harrell stopped a car at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 13 and seized 12 grams of methamphetamine. The driver attempted to get rid of the drugs when he realized police were following him. The driver, James Keels Jr. of Kerens was arrested and charged with intent to manufacture/deliver, and obstruction. He remains in the Navarro County Jail in lieu of $300,000 in bonds.
• One brown and one white horse were found loose Feb. 12 on Northeast County Road 2080 near Powell. The horses had no markings.
• A tractor tire was taken Friday from NE CR 2240 near Kerens.
• Two roll-up doors, a chop saw, an air compressor, and 300-foot copper wire leads were stolen Sunday from SE CR 2070 near Mildred. The total estimated value of the stolen items was $3,700.
• A .45 caliber Taurus handgun was stolen Monday from a car parked on SW CR 3040 near Corsicana. Value was set at $437.
• Two televisions were stolen Monday from a home on SE CR 1086 near Corsicana.
• Four gray donkeys were found abandoned Sunday on SE CR 0060 near Corsicana.
• Thieves stole a 55-inch TV, a Playstation console, a bath and body wash set, some jewelry, and a jewelry box with the inlaid figure of a Chinese woman on the lid in a home burglary Sunday on SE CR 3040 near Mildred.