Corsicana Police Department
• Two people were arrested around midnight Thursday after an argument turned violent in the 3400 block of West Seventh Avenue.
• A car was burglarized Oct. 28 in the 1700 block of West 11th Avenue.
• A man who tried to steal from the Walmart and then get a refund on the stolen items was arrested around 11 a.m. Thursday at the store, 3801 W. Highway 31. After checking, they found that he had a criminal trespass warrant on him for the store, also.
• A known man stole some flowers around 12:25 p.m. Thursday from the HEB, 201 South 15th St.
• A man was found intoxicated inside a woman’s vehicle around 11:40 p.m. Sunday while the car was parked in the 1500 block of West Fourth Avenue. Some things had been moved inside the car, but nothing appeared stolen.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Deputies arrested a driver at 5:30 a.m. Thursday for driving on South Trinity near Emhouse without a drivers’ license, an expired license plate, and an expired inspection sticker.
• A traffic stop at Highway 31 and FM 709 near Dawson resulted in an arrest for possession of marijuana around 7:40 a.m. Tuesday.
• Burglars broke into a home sometime Monday on Southeast County Road 2240 near Corsicana.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Two arrested Tuesday following crash, chase
A three-car wreck turned into a manhunt Tuesday afternoon out by Navarro Regional Hospital.
Kids, adults share feelings after Eureka shooting
The search for answers following Monday’s tragic accidental shooting of a 3-year-old boy continued Tuesday as grief counselors provided comfort and guidance.
Freeze accepts new post at Navarro College
Corsicana Public Library Director Chad Freeze is leaving his position at the City of Corsicana to join the staff of Navarro College.
Freeze will serve as a librarian at the college’s Richard M. Sanchez Library, an opportunity he is looking forward to.
Events and programs submitted by local organizations in Navarro County
Local Beat 3/12/14
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
Freeze leaving post at Corsicana Public Library
The City of Corsicana has announced that Library Director Chad Freeze is leaving the Corsicana Public Library for a position with Navarro College.
Teen boys accused of killing high school classmate
WYLIE — Two 16-year-olds are accused of targeting and killing a classmate in what may have been a dispute over a girl, after police in Texas say they were caught trying to dump the other boy's body.
Tragedy in Eureka: Detectives believe shooting of 3-year-old accidental
A 3-year-old boy was shot and killed Monday in Eureka in what appears to be an tragic accidental shooting between two cousins, according to Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner.
Mildred ISD to provide grief counseling Tuesday
Becky Burns of Mildred ISD has announced Mildred Elementary School will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday providing grief counseling following Monday’s tragedy in Eureka.
Storm spotter training well attended
The National Weather Service office in Fort Worth has monitors, radar, radio, computers, cell phones and satellite feeds, but no windows.
To get a good view of what’s actually happening, they rely on spotters, explained Mark A. Fox, warning and coordination meteorologist with the National Weather Service, who spoke Saturday at a Skywarn training seminar at the Palace Theatre in Corsicana.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Two arrested Tuesday following crash, chase