By Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A shoplifter was stopped around 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Walmart, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• A home was burglarized sometime in the last week in the 800 block of East First Avenue. The break-in was reported Wednesday.
• A front-end loader carrying a concrete drainage pipe and driven by a 46-year-old construction worker ran into a 2004 Buick Park Avenue being driven by a 68-year-old woman at 10:35 a.m. Aug. 16 in the 200 block of West Seventh Avenue. The construction worker said his view was obstructed and he didn’t see the sedan until the pipe struck it.
• A woman reported her home being burglarized either Wednesday or Thursday in the 3200 block of Kenwood.
• A loose dog killed a caged show rabbit Monday in the 1700 block of Woodlawn.
• A thief broke into a business Tuesday in the 100 block of West Seventh Avenue.
• A traffic stop around 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of West 12th Avenue resulted in an arrest for possession of marijuana and unlawfully carrying a firearm.
• A semi-trailer was stolen sometime in July from a business in the 2700 block of East State Highway 31.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• An argument at a Kerens apartment Sunday resulted in no charges, although the man did receive some cuts on his finger. He didn’t want to pursue the issue, he told deputies.
• A disturbance at a home in Frost led to an intoxicated man running out of the house into a pasture before he got caught by deputies around 9 p.m. Aug. 16. The man was charged with public intoxication and evading arrest.
• An argument in the yard of a home in Richland escalated until one of the guests was asked to leave around 8:20 p.m. Aug. 13. When he didn’t go, a juvenile at the home slapped him. The man asked that assault charges be filed against the teen.
• Another incident of someone throwing or dropping a brick or block onto a truck was reported Saturday from the same overpass in Richland. The block hit an 18-wheeler, damaging the windshield.
• An English bulldog worth $1,700 was reported stolen Aug. 15 from his home on NECR 3170 near Corsicana.
• A mailbox was damaged Aug. 15 on NECR 1040 near Rice. Another mailbox was destroyed Aug. 16 on NWCR 1210 near Barry.
• Tractor batteries worth $500 were stolen Aug. 16 from John Deere equipment parked on FM 55 near the county line.
• The windshield and a side window were broken out of two vehicles Aug. 17 while the cars were parked on NWCR 0080 near Emhouse.
• Thieves stole a 32-inch TV, a 35-inch TV, a Sony Playstation, a karaoke machine, a vacuum cleaner, bedding, an end table, a .22 caliber rifle, a 5-foot gate-leaf table, two 24-inch carriage lights, two sets of silverware, pots and pans, cleaning supplies, hand tools, a toolbox, the breaker box and five motorcycle helmets from inside the house last Saturday from a home on NECR 3090 near Kerens. The thieves then took a two-seater Kawasaki Mule ATV worth $4,000; a 12-foot dump trailer worth $3,500; a Yamaha Quad Runner with a bad battery worth $3,000; a Suzuki Quad Runner worth $3,000; five fishing poles; a Skill saw, an air compressor and a battery charger. The fishing gear and smaller items were taken from the front porch. From the shed, the thieves took a chainsaw, cutting torch, and fence stretcher. They also took a Jeep Wrangler. Total value of the household and small vehicle thefts was estimated at about $30,000. The Jeep was worth about $8,500.
• Thieves broke into a home and stole about $20 in loose change and some laundry detergent Sunday from a residence on North Interstate 45 near Richland.
• A fire-helmet-mounting flashlight and a camera were lost Sunday night somewhere between Blooming Grove and NWCR 4470.
• Two gelding horses, one of which is an old bay blind in the left eye, and a paint with a heart brand, were reported stolen Tuesday from NWCR 0150 near Rice.
• A 310 John Deere Backhoe with an open cab worth $60,000 was taken Tuesday from SECR 0070 near Corsicana. It was yellow and green.
• Thieves broke into a home and took the 20-inch TV, a DVD player, a Polaris ATV, a surround sound stereo, a propane grill, some lawn furniture, and a couple of ATV’s worth about $150 each Wednesday in the 300 block of West Second in Frost.
• Five horses, two red, one tan and two cream, were fond loose Monday on SECR 3050 near Corsicana.
• Burglars took a computer, a printer, a Gander Mountain carryall (it has a GM decal that’s coming off), a 9mm Beretta, about $400 in rolled coins, a pink digital coin counter, a pink and white jewelry box with a ballerina on it (no jewelry inside), a home stereo, a .410 shotgun with breakover barrel and a 3100 Nikon digital camera Monday from a home on Bluffview near Corsicana. All the stuff was worth an estimated $2,300.
• A car burglar took a Sig Saur 357, and a holster Aug. 16 while the car was parked on SWCR 0025 near Angus.
• A 32-inch TV, and an XBox 360, custom painted with a monster logo painted on the front, were stolen Aug. 16 from a building on SECR 4111 near Kerens. Total value of the items was estimated at about $450.
• Ten pieces of drywall, an eight-foot flat trailer with a fold-down ramp, and a yellow and black washing machine were stolen Thursday from West Highway 31 near Dawson, where it was parked.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Office.