Corsicana Police Department
• Someone broke into an apartment and stole some stuff but left behind a cat Tuesday in the 3200 block of West Park Row.
• A trailer worth more than $1,500 was stolen Wednesday from the 2700 block of East Highway 31.
• Shoplifters stole less than $50 of merchandise Oct. 4 from the Walmart, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• Someone stole a bike off the front porch of a home Sunday in the 700 block of West 10th Ave.
• A known felon was found to be in possession of a firearm around 12:30 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of East First Ave.
• A woman reported being assaulted at 2 a.m. Tuesday in the 4300 block of West Park Row. She said the guy did it because he was drunk.
• A family member assaulted a woman, choking her, at 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of South 14th St.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Thieves stole some prescription pain and anti-anxiety medications Oct. 2 from a Barry woman.
• Two cows with yellow ear tags were found Oct. 2 on SECR 0021 near Angus.
• Burglars stole two Poulan chainsaws, three 12-gauge shotguns, a 410 bolt-action shotgun, a 30/30, a .22 rifle, and a 6mm semi-automatic rifle Oct. 4 from a home on SECR 4100 near Kerens.
• Thieves stole a series of video and regular cameras, power tools, a winch, handtools, a Glock, some cash and change, and a crossbow and arrows worth a total value of more than $4,000 from a home on SECR 3070 near Corsicana.
• A car burglar took a spot light, a depth finder, four rods and reels and a tackle box Sunday from where it was parked on FM 635 near Kerens.
• Five cows and calves were reported missing Oct. 4 from West Highway 31 near Dawson.
• Three donkeys, two ponies, eight cows, and three horses were running loose Oct. 5 on Memorial Drive near Richland.
Compiled by City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Office.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Two arrested Tuesday following crash, chase
A three-car wreck turned into a manhunt Tuesday afternoon out by Navarro Regional Hospital.
Kids, adults share feelings after Eureka shooting
The search for answers following Monday’s tragic accidental shooting of a 3-year-old boy continued Tuesday as grief counselors provided comfort and guidance.
Freeze accepts new post at Navarro College
Corsicana Public Library Director Chad Freeze is leaving his position at the City of Corsicana to join the staff of Navarro College.
Freeze will serve as a librarian at the college’s Richard M. Sanchez Library, an opportunity he is looking forward to.
Events and programs submitted by local organizations in Navarro County
Local Beat 3/12/14
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
Freeze leaving post at Corsicana Public Library
The City of Corsicana has announced that Library Director Chad Freeze is leaving the Corsicana Public Library for a position with Navarro College.
Teen boys accused of killing high school classmate
WYLIE — Two 16-year-olds are accused of targeting and killing a classmate in what may have been a dispute over a girl, after police in Texas say they were caught trying to dump the other boy's body.
Tragedy in Eureka: Detectives believe shooting of 3-year-old accidental
A 3-year-old boy was shot and killed Monday in Eureka in what appears to be an tragic accidental shooting between two cousins, according to Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner.
Mildred ISD to provide grief counseling Tuesday
Becky Burns of Mildred ISD has announced Mildred Elementary School will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday providing grief counseling following Monday’s tragedy in Eureka.
Storm spotter training well attended
The National Weather Service office in Fort Worth has monitors, radar, radio, computers, cell phones and satellite feeds, but no windows.
To get a good view of what’s actually happening, they rely on spotters, explained Mark A. Fox, warning and coordination meteorologist with the National Weather Service, who spoke Saturday at a Skywarn training seminar at the Palace Theatre in Corsicana.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Two arrested Tuesday following crash, chase