By Janet Jacobs
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• Someone broke into an apartment and stole some stuff but left behind a cat Tuesday in the 3200 block of West Park Row.
• A trailer worth more than $1,500 was stolen Wednesday from the 2700 block of East Highway 31.
• Shoplifters stole less than $50 of merchandise Oct. 4 from the Walmart, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• Someone stole a bike off the front porch of a home Sunday in the 700 block of West 10th Ave.
• A known felon was found to be in possession of a firearm around 12:30 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of East First Ave.
• A woman reported being assaulted at 2 a.m. Tuesday in the 4300 block of West Park Row. She said the guy did it because he was drunk.
• A family member assaulted a woman, choking her, at 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of South 14th St.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Thieves stole some prescription pain and anti-anxiety medications Oct. 2 from a Barry woman.
• Two cows with yellow ear tags were found Oct. 2 on SECR 0021 near Angus.
• Burglars stole two Poulan chainsaws, three 12-gauge shotguns, a 410 bolt-action shotgun, a 30/30, a .22 rifle, and a 6mm semi-automatic rifle Oct. 4 from a home on SECR 4100 near Kerens.
• Thieves stole a series of video and regular cameras, power tools, a winch, handtools, a Glock, some cash and change, and a crossbow and arrows worth a total value of more than $4,000 from a home on SECR 3070 near Corsicana.
• A car burglar took a spot light, a depth finder, four rods and reels and a tackle box Sunday from where it was parked on FM 635 near Kerens.
• Five cows and calves were reported missing Oct. 4 from West Highway 31 near Dawson.
• Three donkeys, two ponies, eight cows, and three horses were running loose Oct. 5 on Memorial Drive near Richland.
Compiled by City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Office.