Corsicana Police Department
• Burglars broke into a building sometime in the last three weeks and stole items from the 1500 block of West Fourth Ave.
• A home burglary was reported Tuesday in the 700 block of North 14th Street.
• A man reported that someone stole his cell phone out of his car Wednesday morning between 2 a.m. and 2:27 a.m. while it was parked in the 1500 block of East Beverly.
• A man advised police that he had been attacked by an unknown brown dog sometime around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• On Monday, a man reported that his medication had not arrived in the mail and he thinks it was stolen from his mailbox. The man lives on the Roane Road.
• A Penske truck hauling a Mac trailer got stuck underneath the First Avenue underpass around 3:30 p.m. Saturday when he thought the “low bridge” sign didn’t apply to his load. It did.
• A three-car pile-up took place around 5:30 p.m. last Friday in the 100 block of West Seventh Avenue when a driver wasn’t paying enough attention to the car in front, and slammed into him from behind. The front car then slammed into the car in front of him.
• A woman reported that her boyfriend hit her in the head with his hands and fist around 11 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of West Third Ave.
• Child Protective Services was notified that a pregnant woman had been using drugs for the last few weeks in the 2100 block of West Collin.
• Child Protective Services was also notified Monday that a child was touched inappropriately by another child four years ago at a CISD facility.
• A woman reported being hit by a rock Sunday in the 300 block of East College.
• Two bicycles were stolen sometime last week from the backyard of a home in the 200 block of East College.
• Thieves cut the lock off a work trailer Sunday and stole the entire trailer from the 300 block of South Ninth Street.
• A man reported last Friday that an unknown person had taken out three cash loans in his name sometime between 2006 and 2008.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Ready for the runway - AirSho coming May 10
The skies over Corsicana's C. David Campbell Field at the Municipal Airport will once again be filled with vintage aircraft and airborne performers on the second Saturday in May.
Five candidates seek Blooming Grove ISD's openings
Blooming Grove ISD has two positions open this spring, and five contenders for those seats.
IMPACT Navarro sponsoring drug disposal event
IMPACT Navarro and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will give the public its eighth opportunity in three years to prevent pill abuse and theft by ridding homes of potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription drugs.
Aggie Muster taking place Monday at Cook Center
Former students of Texas A&M University will assemble in Corsicana on Monday, April 21, for the annual Texas Aggie Muster to honor all Texas Aggies who have passed away within the last year.
CISD Trustees to meet Monday
The Corsicana Independent School District Board of Trustees will meet in a regular session at 6 p.m. Monday at the administration building, 601 N. 13th St.
Relay for Life fundraiser hits home as O'Neills offer drawing for weekend at guesthouse in Kemah
Ten bucks. What will it get you these days? Maybe lunch. An eighth of a tank of gas. A pound of bacon. What about a beautiful weekend trip near the Texas coast? While helping an incredible local cause? You bet.
Friday morning fire damages home
A home in the 1700 block of West Ninth Avenue in Corsicana was damaged by an early morning fire Friday.
West honors 15 killed in year-ago explosion
Rev. Terry McElrath heard the deafening boom. The pastor spun around and saw a column of smoke billowing into the sky above his small Texas town. He immediately thought, "Somebody has died tonight."
Campbell named ‘Texas Aviator of the Year’
It was quite an honor for Corsicana's “Dr. Dave.” The longtime Corsicana physician, and namesake of C. David Campbell Field at the Corsicana airport was named 2014 Texas Aviator of the Year by the Texas Department of Transportation.
Kids at Hop Downtown offer insights into holiday
The Hop Downtown, sponsored by the Main Street Office and local businesses, was colorful, loud and joyous, with Easter Bunny photos, free eggs, cookies, a bounce house and face painting Thursday afternoon in downtown Corsicana.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Ready for the runway - AirSho coming May 10