Corsicana Police Department
• Burglars broke into a building sometime in the last three weeks and stole items from the 1500 block of West Fourth Ave.
• A home burglary was reported Tuesday in the 700 block of North 14th Street.
• A man reported that someone stole his cell phone out of his car Wednesday morning between 2 a.m. and 2:27 a.m. while it was parked in the 1500 block of East Beverly.
• A man advised police that he had been attacked by an unknown brown dog sometime around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.
• On Monday, a man reported that his medication had not arrived in the mail and he thinks it was stolen from his mailbox. The man lives on the Roane Road.
• A Penske truck hauling a Mac trailer got stuck underneath the First Avenue underpass around 3:30 p.m. Saturday when he thought the “low bridge” sign didn’t apply to his load. It did.
• A three-car pile-up took place around 5:30 p.m. last Friday in the 100 block of West Seventh Avenue when a driver wasn’t paying enough attention to the car in front, and slammed into him from behind. The front car then slammed into the car in front of him.
• A woman reported that her boyfriend hit her in the head with his hands and fist around 11 a.m. Monday in the 1200 block of West Third Ave.
• Child Protective Services was notified that a pregnant woman had been using drugs for the last few weeks in the 2100 block of West Collin.
• Child Protective Services was also notified Monday that a child was touched inappropriately by another child four years ago at a CISD facility.
• A woman reported being hit by a rock Sunday in the 300 block of East College.
• Two bicycles were stolen sometime last week from the backyard of a home in the 200 block of East College.
• Thieves cut the lock off a work trailer Sunday and stole the entire trailer from the 300 block of South Ninth Street.
• A man reported last Friday that an unknown person had taken out three cash loans in his name sometime between 2006 and 2008.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Home, sweet home
Judy and Wayne Nelson had a family of visitors last week — the daughter and grandchildren of the architect who designed their 1927 house on Mills Place.
Six arrested following drug raid
Six people were arrested following the execution of a search warrant Thursday night by the Corsicana Police Department’s narcotics detectives, patrol officers and a Navarro County Sheriff’s deputy who works as a courtesy officer for the Arbors Apartment, 1300 N. 45th St.
AgriLife adds two new agents to Navarro office
It’s been awhile since the AgriLife Extension office in Navarro County has been fully staffed, but it’s going great guns now.
New to the staff are Meredith DeBorde, and Lorie Stovall, who will be heading up the 4-H programs and the family and consumer programs, respectively.
Sheriff seeks salary shuffle
Navarro County Sheriff Elmer Tanner went to the County Commissioner’s budget workshop Thursday to ask for a change of how his officers are compensated, or, alternately, an 8 percent across-the-board raise.
Floating a big fundraiser idea
The big night is fast approaching for the 10 Grand Country Jam, an Aug. 2 fundraiser for the Child Advocates of Navarro County. What will make it a big night is the grand prize, a $31,000 pontoon boat.
Honoring a hero
Since March of this year, the family of Candelario Garcia Jr. has been so proud of him, they could burst.
Commissioners start budget process
The Navarro County Commissioner’s Court held its first budget workshop Wednesday, the first of a dozen or more over the next month or so.
Public pianos invite players
Corsicana has always been a musical town, with emphasis on country and western, rock and roll, bluegrass and Gospel, but now the parks and recreation department is moving towards bringing music to the masses in a different way. They’re going to put pianos downtown, on the sidewalks for anyone to play at random.
Navarro County 4-H Club holds event
Texas A&M AgriLife Extention will hold Summer Exploration Days at the Navarro County Expo on Tuesday, July 29 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
New date for IPL Job Fair announced
Tarrant Regional Water District IPL (integrated pipe line) Project will hold a Job Fair from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014 at The Cook Center.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Home, sweet home