Corsicana Police Department
• A drunken driver was arrested and taken to jail Tuesday night after hitting a parked car in the 1700 block of West Collin Street.
• A burglar broke into an apartment and stole a variety of items, including some credit and debit cards Monday or Tuesday in the 3000 block of West Collin.
• A woman reported that $75 was stolen from her purse Monday while she was at the Denny’s, 2951 S. Highway 287.
• A man reported that someone stole the exhaust system out of his car Monday while it was parked in a hotel parking lot in the 600 block of Bryants Way.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Some jewelry was stolen Saturday in a home burglary on South Hopkins in Emhouse.
• More than $6,000 in outdoor gear was stolen in a burglary Saturday from Southeast County Road 3048C near Corsicana. Among the missing items were a Mercury boat motor, two depth finders, life jackets, fishing rods and reels, lures and a tackle box, and a boat prop.
• Some car batteries, four oversized tires and rims, and a boat motor were taken Friday from a building on SE CR 3330 near Kerens.
• A Walther firearm was reported missing or stolen Friday from SE CR 3060 near Kerens.
• Thieves broke out a door window Monday to gain access to a home and steal a 42-inch TV, a satellite box, DVD player, and an Apple iPad from a home on SE 3050 in Mildred.
• Burglars took a 32-inch television, an XBox console and two controllers as well as a slew of games, a Compaq laptop computer, some old sheet music, various family memorabilia, six fishing poles, a brown and pink purse, costume jewelry, some women’s clothing, a silver digital camera, a toolbox, a surround sound system, and a surveillance camera from a home Friday on NW CR 3040 near Navarro Mills.
• A Smith and Wesson handgun was taken Monday from a home on NW 2020 near Corsicana. It was valued at $200.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Flu vaccination can still provide protection
After November when you see signs that advertise: “Get your Flu Vaccine here,” you might think, “Isn’t it too late for that?”
The answer is no, it’s not too late.
Seventh Avenue project makes strides
The sign at London Square states that all they want for Christmas is Seventh Avenue. Well, it might not be done by then, but the next stage might start by then.
Give the the gift of safety
With Christmas approaching, many parents are planning to give their child a new bicycle — maybe even their first bicycle.
This is an excellent opportunity to teach children about the importance of wearing a helmet to protect their head.
News and announcements submitted by area clubs and service organizations.
Farm and Ranch Seminar set Dec. 12
A multi-county Central Texas program for farmers and ranchers conducted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in District 8 is scheduled Dec. 12.
Local Beat 12/11/13
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama, Bloomberg
DALLAS — A Texas woman and former actress pleaded guilty Tuesday to sending ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, under a deal that her attorney has said would cap prison time at 18 years.
New officer joins Corsicana Police Department
The Corsicana Police Department welcomed Police Recruit Jovan Thompson to the department with a swearing-in ceremony Monday.
Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
JOHANNESBURG — President Barack Obama shook hands with Cuban President Raul Castro Tuesday at a memorial service for Nelson Mandela, a simple gesture that signaled possible thawing between the leaders of two Cold War foes.
Most electricity restored in Texas after ice storm
DALLAS — Electricity has been restored to most North Texas homes and businesses as recovery continues from last week's ice storm.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Flu vaccination can still provide protection