Kerens Police Department
• A home renter was found in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia Nov. 19 in the 100 block of Edgewood Estates in Kerens, according to Police Chief Bryan Miers. “We recovered everything from dope pipes to rolling papers, scales and grinders, all with drug residue,” Miers said. Derek Scott Divetta, 21, was arrested for possession. Four other people were cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A .22 caliber Remington rifle with a wood stock was stolen from a Ford half-ton pickup Monday where the truck was parked on Martin Road in Retreat.
• A set of car keys and a man’s wedding band were stolen from a home Friday on South Interestate 45 in Angus. The ring, which had diamonds on it, was valued at $5,000.
• A man’s Fossil watch, which had a blue face and white metal band, was stolen from a 1999 GMC Nov. 20 on Northwest County Road 0004 near Corsicana.
• Burglars made a pretty clean sweep of a building last Friday, stealing books, costume jewelry, quilts, boots, Nintendo games, a wash tub, a 24-inch pendulum clock, a doll, Bible, cassette recorder, high school class ring, custom spurs, porcelain rooster, and a piggy bank, all of which were taken from an address on SW CR 2250 near Dawson. Total estimated value of the items was set at more than $8,000.
• Four English-style saddles, nine bridles, a string trimmer, a leaf blower, and three pair of spurs were stolen from a barn Nov. 21 on FM 1126 near Emhouse. Total estimated value of the items was set at more than $7,000.
• A car burglar took a silver iPod Nano, a radar detector, a hat and a pair of red Nike shoes Saturday from where the Camry was parked on NW CR 0018 near Corsicana.
• A pink Western-style purse containing assorted lotions, and a Samsung cell phone were taken Nov. 20 from a car parked on NW CR 0004 near Corsicana.
• A Bomag Jumping Jack plate compactor, valued at $3,064, was stolen out of a pickup Monday where it was parked in the 200 block of Sinclair in Kerens.
• A $15,000 John Deere tractor with canopy and front end loader was stolen Monday from FM 3383 near Corsicana.
• A thief stole a 9mm Ruger handgun, and Remington rifle with scope along with about $10 in change from a Dodge Ram pickup parked on SW CR 0014 near Corsicana. Total value of the items was estimated at $630. The thief also stole change from a nearby Ford Expedition, a Pontiac GS, and a Chevy Tahoe.
• A 12-foot ladder with a broken rung and one leg taped near the foot was taken Monday from SW CR 2250 near Dawson. The owner estimated its value at about $350.
• A car burglar stole a .38 handgun from a Ford F250 pickup Teusday morning while the truck was parked on NW CR 0010 near Corsicana. Its estimated value was $500.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department, the Kerens Police Department, and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.