- Local Sports
GC Football: Mildred seeing yellow after 19 penalties in two playoff games
After opening the playoffs with wins of 24 and 30 points, respectively, things must be just about perfect in Mildred, right? After all, this is a team that was a touchdown away from playing for a state title a year ago after opening with 19- and 8-point wins. But the Eagles can get better in at least one area: This team has been heavily penalized in two playoff games.
Kerens gets defensive in 35-14 win over Itasca
An offensive showdown came to a halt after halftime when the Kerens Bobcats turned up the defensive pressure on the Itasca Wampus Cats in a 35-14 win.
Solomon leads Tolar past Rice, 50-7
Cory Solomon rushed for three touchdowns and 133 yards on only nine carries as the Tolar Rattlers beat the Rice Bulldogs 50-7 Friday night at Rattler Stadium.
Rio Vista upends Blooming Grove, 44-30
Rio Vista overcame a one-point second half deficit, scoring 14 unanswered points as the Eagles topped the Blooming Grove Lions 44-30.
Mildred clobbers Oak Cliff Life, 72-0
Draylon Sterling scored four touchdowns four different ways, and Mildred wrapped up the District 6-2A DII title without much resistance in a 72-0 win over Oak Cliff Life.
- High School Basketball Box scores Here are Friday night's high school basketball scores:
Rice’s White, 4 from Mildred make Academic All-State
Rice middle linebacker Keith White said he’ll know sometime soon whether or not he’ll be the school’s valedictorian for the 2010 senior class.
He knows for certain he’s a Class 2A Academic All-State team member.
Golden Circle girls basketball: Stealing one
DAWSON — Wortham coach Anthony Branch has been waiting all season for a victory to turn around the Lady Bulldogs’ season.
They might have gotten it Tuesday night.
- GC Basketball Roundup: Keele, Kerens drill Rice, 60-22 Anna Keele had eight points and 10 rebounds as Kerens rolled past Rice, 60-22, on Tuesday night in Kerens.
- Tigers Soccer: Corsicana, Midlothian play to 0-0 draw John Garcia had 12 saves, including three at point blank range as the Tigers tied at No. 4 Midlothian, 0-0.
- More Local Sports Headlines
- GC Football: Mildred seeing yellow after 19 penalties in two playoff games