Corsicana Daily Sun
Investigation continues in abandoned child case
Corsicana Police Chief Randy Bratton said Tuesday investigators are continuing their probe into the abandonment of a newborn infant, found Sunday night on the carport steps of a home on North 38th Street. The child is in good condition and is being cared for by Child Protective Services.
Bratton said they are investigating leads in the case, but no suspect has come forward in connection with the case.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Corsicana Police Department at (903) 654-4902.
Corsicana Police Department
• A building was burglarized sometime over the weekend in the 1900 block of North 45th St.
• A man reported being assaulted Friday afternoon in the parking lot of the Walmart, 3801 W. Highway 31.
• Several people were allegedly fighting in the street around 6:40 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East 14th Ave.
• Two people robbed someone they knew at gunpoint Saturday in the parking lot of the Walmart.
• A woman lost her wallet last Wednesday while she was at the Taco Shop, 1119 W. Seventh Ave.
• A car was burglarized Saturday night or Sunday in the 2000 block of West 10th Ave.
• A man had a gun pointed at him by a stranger Monday around 5 p.m. in the 3000 block of View Lane.
• Two women who got into a fight both filed assault charges on one another Saturday in the 1200 block of South First Street. The fight consisted of pulling hair, striking and tripping.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A six-foot-long sword and a Karaoke machine were stolen in a home burglary Friday from a home on Highway 14 near Currie. Total value of the items taken was placed at $380.
• A black plastic mail box was stolen Saturday from FM 2930 near Blooming Grove. It was valued at $35.
• Two all-weather deer feeders, and two digital game cameras were stolen Saturday from a pasture on Northwest County Road 3290 near Irene. Total value of the items was estimated at $1,500.