From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A man reported being assaulted at his home by his wife around 1 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of North 13th Street, but he was not injured.
• Three police units responded to a disturbance around 9 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of North 36th Street. The man said his ex-girlfriend struck his leg with a tire as she was driving away. No one was injured and it was determined to be an accident.
• A female high school student was arrested for riding in a vehicle that had been stolen by another female student. Both students were arrested, and both are adults. The incident happened between noon and 2 p.m. March 22 in the 3700 block of West Highway 22.
• A homeowner reported his garage had been burglarized Saturday in the 500 block of Lakewood Avenue.
• A thief removed the tailgate of a pickup truck Saturday while it was parked in the 1700 block of Bowie Circle. It was worth in excess of $1,500.
• A family violence report was filed following a disturbance Sunday morning in the 1400 block of East Collin Street.
• Burglars broke into a business Saturday night and tried to break into a safe inside, but were unsuccessful in the 1900 block of MLK Boulevard.
• A man was arrested for siphoning diesel fuel and for cutting a high pressure water hose around 9 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of South Beaton. He was arrested and taken to jail. The woman with him was transported to the emergency room for possible drug issues.
• A verbal argument in which a son threatened to kick his mother’s butt, and then she told him to do it, at which point he did do it became an assault reported around 11 p.m. in the 600 block of East 14th Avenue.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A woman called the sheriff’s office to report that all her meth had been stolen out of her couch, where she’d hidden it Tuesday on Ebony Street in Powell.
• A man got assaulted in the parking lot of the Wispers at 3:24 a.m. Sunday by several assailants, who he said he didn’t know. He received injuries to his forehead, elbow and knee, and he said his ribs and jaw hurt or were broken. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital. The man said he didn’t wish to press any charges.
• A house burned on Elm Flat Road in Goodlow last Friday. Responding to the emergency were units from the Kerens Volunteer Fire Department, Corsicana Fire Department, and Powell Volunteer Fire Department.
• A promise ring, sized seven with three clear stones in it, was reported stolen March 24 from Northwest County Road 3113 near Purdon. It was valued at $150.
• A red and white bull calf was found in the wrong pasture March 27 on NW CR 1140 near Emhouse.
• A small Yorkshire Terrier with a blue collar and pink tags and painted toenails was stolen around 3 p.m. Sunday on south Interstate 45 near Angus.
• Thieves stole a DR Weed Trimmer, a zero-turn Craftsman lawn mower, a black trailer, a chainsaw, an air compressor, a 19-inch TV, a VCR, an air conditioner (window unit), and a pad lock from a home March 28 on SE CR 3330 near Kerens.
• A car thief stole a 1993 Pontiac Sunbird around 4 p.m. Sunday from the Goodlow area near Kerens.