Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• A woman reported being assaulted by a family member around 11:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of West Second Avenue. It was the second time in less than a year.
• A robbery and assault took place at 9:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 2000 block of West Collin Street. Acquaintances of the complainant beat him up and took his money.
• A woman reported that two men had a fight in her yard around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of East 14th Ave. One had a pipe, another a mop handle. When the second guy realized he was outgunned, so to speak, he threw down the mop handle and got an ice scraper. Both men were slightly injured but no one went to the hospital.
• A man reported that someone stole a chiminea and a bicycle from his porch Tuesday night in the 1800 block of South U.S. Highway 287.
• A man broke out the rear window of a pickup around 12:30 p.m. in the Walmart parking lot during a family disturbance, and the glass fell on the two little kids inside.
• A high school student being arrested fought with the cops Oct. 17, resulting in additional charges of assaulting a public servant and resisting arrest.
• Police responded to calls about shoplifting at the Walmart at 1:51 p.m., 5:40 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., and 11 p.m. Friday. Then again at 1:58 p.m., 4:15 p.m., and 11 p.m. on Saturday.
• A riding lawn mower worth more than $500 was reported missing sometime over the weekend from the 1000 block of West 13th Avenue.
• A homeowner found two strangers in his house trying to steal stuff around 2:15 p.m. Monday in the 2900 block of North Business 45.
Kerens Police Department
• On Oct. 11, Kerens Police Officers Erik Heilmann and Sgt. Roy Ivey responded to a domestic disturbance involving a husband and wife. The man had fled the scene, but officers took a statement and then got an arrest warrant. Last week, the 30-year-old husband was located and arrested. He was put into the jail in lieu of a $25,000 bond.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Thieves stole an air conditioning unit from a business Sunday on South Interstate 45 in Angus. The A/C was valued at $1,500.
• A burglar took a Samsung Galaxy Tablet worth $500 and about $30 in change Saturday from a home on Northeast County Road 0160 near Roane.
• Some hand tools, power tools and a ladder were taken from a GMC Century truck Friday while it was parked on SW CR 1005 near Corsicana.
• Twenty red chickens were stolen Saturday from a pen off FM 744 near Pelham.