From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
• Garage-type items were stolen in a burglary Monday from the 600 block of Madison.
• Home burglaries were reported in the 400 block of Hampton, and the 600 block of East 14th Avenue, both took place Monday.
• A thief used the fire exit to steal more than $500 worth of merchandise from the Walmart at 6:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• A car was “egged” overnight Saturday in the 1300 block of North 13th Street.
• A woman reported that she was followed and bothered while she was going down the road and in the parking lot around 12:30 p.m. Sunday in the 2000 block of West Seventh Ave.
• A home burglary took place sometime between last Thursday and Sunday in the 900 block of East 13th Avenue.
• Two strangers described as “white” stole items from a woman’s home sometime between January 15 and 18 in the 2200 block of Bowie.
• Two boys were detained around 11:30 p.m. Jan. 18 at the H.E.B., 201 S. 15th St., for theft and possession of alcoholic beverages.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• One grave at the Younger Cemetery was vandalized Saturday when someone broke a ceramic angel and a concrete vase just off Southwest County Road 3140 near Purdon.
• Two people were arrested and charged after an eagle-eyed witness reported them dumping things last Friday on NW CR 2080, roughly near FM 1126 outside of Barry. They were dumping a couch, chair, an old TV and some logs when deputies rolled up on them. Roy Lee Mathis Jr. and Luvenia Peters were both released on $2,500 bonds.
• The windows were broken out of two trucks parked on the Highway 309 boat ramp Sunday.
• Some guns and knives, specifically a Remington .22, a New England .223, a Remington 12-guage, a Remington .788, and a Church Hill 12-guage, along with an Invicta watch, were stolen in a home burglary Tuesday on NW CR 2171 near Blooming Grove.
• Thieves broke in through a rear door to steal a cell phone, some cough syrup (prescription strength), some pain killers and anti-depressants, a pink BB rifle and three black BB pistols, an iPod touch, some jewelry, a pink Gucci purse worth $2,000 and some white Baby Phat boots, size 8, worth $1,100 on Jan. 16 on SW CR 1005 near Corsicana.
• A vicious dog killed a two-day-old calf Jan. 16 just off NW CR 1130 near Emhouse.
• Car burglars smashed the glass out of four pickups Sunday morning on the Highway 309 boat ramp, stealing everything from electronics like radar detectors and cell phones, to cans of Skoal, overalls, jackets, gloves, and sunglasses. More than $3,000 worth of items were taken from the vehicles, not including the damage to the trucks.
• Welding materials, including a helmet, torch tip, copper cable, four five grip clamps, a cutting torch and two butane bottles were taken in a burglary Friday on Goodin in Corsicana.
• A Celestron microscope was taken from a car Friday around 10:30 a.m. while it was parked on SE CR 215 near Corsicana. It was worth $310.
• A small horse or pony, reddish in color, was found loose Sunday near Richland.