Corsicana Police Department
• An argument over a broom inspired a man to shove a woman to the ground badly enough that it required a trip to the emergency room to fix around 3 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of South 38th Street. The woman did not want to press charges.
• A fight between two people ended in an arrest, but police found drugs and drug paraphernalia on the person being arrested. It took place just after midnight Saturday in the 500 block of Lakewood.
• A woman reported being that she was pushed and then head-butted by a man she knew. When officers responded, however, the suspect told them the victim had a knife. All this happened around 3 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of West Fourth Avenue.
• A man called police to say that a stranger threw a rock which hit him in the face around 12:20 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of West Ninth Avenue.
• A man reported getting into a fist fight and then getting “stomped” while he was on the ground sometime between 7:45 and 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of North Bunert. He was treated at the emergency room.
• A theft of clothing and cash was reported Saturday morning from North Fifth Street. The woman who reported the theft said that she loaned her car to a male friend of hers, but when she got the car back it was missing about $500 worth of money and personal items.
• Three officers responded to a disturbance just after 4 a.m. in the 1300 block of North 13th Street in which a man pulled a female’s hair, but also tried to harm himself. He was taken for a psych evaluation.
• A woman admitted that “she was struck by an unknown vehicle at an unknown location,” when an officer went out to check on her, but she refused to give the officer any information or to press charges. She also refused medical care. The report was made around 4:15 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of North Fifth Street.
• A woman reported being assaulted by two other women at 3 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of East 10th Avenue. Both the victim and one of the suspects had minor injuries.
• A woman reported that her husband beat her in the face with his fist and then took away her cell phone so she couldn't call police at 7 a.m. Friday in the 1800 block of Woodlawn. The man had fled by the time the officers arrived.
• A woman reported she was pushed in the shoulder by another woman at 10:15 a.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of West Highway 22. There was no injury.
• The driver of a 2006 Chevy Cobalt was coming around the curve on North 37th Street around 12:30 p.m. Friday when another car came around the curve from the opposite direction but in the middle. The driver of the Cobalt was speeding, and when he tried to avoid the other car he went off into the shoulder and then into a barbed wire fence just beyond it. Non one was hurt, but the car and the fence were damaged.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A black 500-pound black heifer, and a 300-pound red heifer were stolen from their pasture Thursday on NWCR 4200 near Frost. Estimated value of the animals was set at $1,300.
• Thieves trying to make off with three corral panels, two pieces of pipe and a tractor ramp were stopped Sunday morning on SWCR 3110 near Purdon. All the items were recovered.