NJCAA Baseball Poll
Here is this week’s poll (www.njcaa.org):
Rk. School Rec. Pts. 1sts Prev.
1. Tallahassee CC, Fla. 45-8 199 9 1
2. Cowley County, Kan. 44-9 190 1 2
3. Delgado CC, La. 43-9 175 0 3
4. Iowa Western 39-10 170 0 4
5. Crowder College, Mo. 43-11 155 0 6
6. Southern Nevada 38-15 129 0 8
7. Spartanburg Meth., S.C. 41-13 128 0 12
8. Cochise College, Ariz. 44-15 122 0 10
9. Navarro College 39-15 119 0 11
10. Grayson College 36-16 99 0 14
11. Connors St., Okla. 45-9 91 0 13
12. Wabash Valley, Ill. 40-12 93 0 15
13. Walters St., Tenn. 35-16 79 0 18
14. Chattahoochee Valley, Ala. 41-10 75 0 19
15. State College of Florida 41-11 67 0 NR
16. Midland College 43-13 50 0 NR
17. Georgia Perimeter College 36-17 43 0 NR
18. Potomac State of WVU 33-14 25 0 NR
19. Northeastern JC, Colo. 35-21 23 0 NR
20. Miami Dade College, Fla. 35-8 13 0 16
NJCAA Baseball Poll
Morgan: Compare and contrast Cowboys and Rangers
Spring is here. What better time to compare and contrast management techniques of the Rangers vs. the Cowboys?
Outdoors: Kevin Reese —Stick and string turkeys: Shotgun range is bow range
Bow addicts can take heart; there's plenty of turkey hunting in the spring.
Navarro Baseball: Lewis delivers in 10th, Bulldogs beat Angelina 2-1
Navarro’s Bulldogs pulled out a critical Region XIV baseball game on Friday afternoon, beating Angelina 2-1 in 10 innings to open a three-game series with the Roadrunners.
CG Baseball/Softball: Roundup
Mildred's softball team and Wortham's baseball teams both win.
CHS Basketball: Two Tigers make All-District first team
Corsicana’s Tigers capped off an emotion season in which they finished in a tie for third and then battled for a playoff spot by placing two players on the District 16-4A All-District first team and three more on the second team as postseason honors were announced.
CHS tennis: Tigers playing well as they host tournament
Corsicana High’s rich and storied tradition in tennis is in good shape as the Tigers have made strides during the spring tennis season.
The Tigers, who have played well this spring, will be the hosts to one of the top tournaments of the spring on Friday when 16 schools and 256 players will compete in the Corsicana Spring Break Slam.
Frost's Blenden leaves for AD job in Valley Mills
Frost football and basketball coach Eric Blenden is leaving school for job at Valley Mills High School.
Region XIV Tournament: Navarro's season ends with first-round loss to Angelina
The Bulldogs were stunned by Angelina in the opening round of the Region XIV Men’s Basketball Tournament at Tyler Junior College’s Wagstaff Gym, where Navarro’s season ended in a 82-76 loss to the Roadrunners, who are the No. 12 seed in the tournament.
GC Boys Basketball: District 18-1A DI: All-District team
Wortham's Brian Coffman is named Coach of the Year, Kerens' Nate Betts is MVP of 18-1A DI.
GC Basketball: Kerens dominates 18-1A DI girls All-District team
The Kerens LadyCats, who went undefeated in district, dominated the District 18-1A DI All-District girls basketball team that was announced Tuesday.
Not only did Denise Lincoln win the Coach of the Year but Breanna Baxter was named the district MVP and Marqueshia Kelly was the district’s Defensive MVP.
- More Sports Headlines
- Morgan: Compare and contrast Cowboys and Rangers