The legal age to purchase cigarettes and other tobacco products in Texas will increase, effective Sept. 1. Gov. Greg Abbott on Friday signed Senate Bill 21 into law, which prohibits the sale of cigarettes, e-cigarettes and other tobacco products to those under 21 years of age. The new law does allow those who are 18-20 and serving in the military to legally purchase cigarettes, e-cigarettes and other tobacco products.
State and Nation
This Week's Circulars
James Lee Langley, 79, of Kerens, passed away June 16, 2019 at Charlton Methodist Hospital in Dallas. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, June 22,2019 at New Bethel Baptist Church in Kerens. Interment will follow at the Samaria Cemetery. Arrangements by Ross and Johnson Mortuary.
Winoma Bryan Edmondson, 99, passed away Sunday, June 15, 2019 in Duncan. Winnie was born June 27, 1919, in Cumberland, Oklahoma, and graduated from Addington High School in 1938. She later graduated from what was then Central State College in Edmond and began a teaching career that lasted 40…
Emily Owen of Corsicana passed away at the Twilight Home on Sunday, June 16, 2019. She was born in Covington, Texas to Alline Walden and Marvin C. Owen on Aug. 21, 1937. She worked at Regal International until she became ill and retired. She loved shopping, the outdoors and spending time at …
- Navarro County Registered Sex Offender listing
- Corsicana approves final water park extension
- Corsicana postpones fifth water park extension
- Kerens PD arrests murder suspect
- Farewell to Dallas Street
- Update: Rollover crash leaves two hospitalized
- House Bill 3 marks major triumph
- MLB: Baltimore's Chris Davis forever grateful to Johnson, Navarro
- Jury finds grave robber guilty
- Best of the Best voting underway