The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
Doris Nell Gipson Lucky, 86, who passed away Tuesday, July 27, 2021 in Houston. Viewing will be held on Friday, July 30, 2021 at Emanuel Funeral Home of Palestine from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Funeral will be held on Saturday, July 31, 2021 at Mt. Pilgrim Baptist Church in Oakwood at 11 a.m. with a…
Funeral service for Linda Michelle Robinson Caldwell, who passed away on Friday, July 16, 2021 in Waterloo, Iowa. Viewing will be held on Friday, July 30, 2021 at Emanuel Funeral Home of Corsicana from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Funeral will be held on Saturday, July 31, 2021 at Second Mission Baptis…
- Navarro County man indicted for intoxication manslaughter
- Corsicana resident claims $1M scratch off
- Calicos raising funds for tropic trip
- Message from the Mayor: City addresses trains blocking road
- Unofficial results of Congressional District 6 runoff election
- Dancing For Our Stars raises funds for Navarro College
- County makes room for new developments
- Early voting results for Congressional District 6 runoff election
- Gov. Abbott issues order to clarify COVID-19 response
- Ellzey wins Congressional District 6 runoff election