The Corsicana City Council is scheduled to meet Monday, Nov. 9 in the Council Chambers of the Government Center at 200 N. 12th St.
This meeting is open to the public. The first 20 attendees will be allowed to observe in person and must wear a face covering. All others can participate by computer or telephone, please see instructions below.
Items on Monday's City Council Agenda include:
• Presentation by Chief Clay Huckaby, President of the Texas Fire Chiefs Association, to the Corsicana Fire Department for being designated as a Recognized Best Practices Fire Department.
• Consider approving award of the Agriculture Lease Agreement for approximately 40.82 acres of land for agricultural purposes.
• Consider authorizing award of bid for Park Maintenance Contract Services for the term December 1, 2020 through November 30, 2022.
• Consider awarding the Three-year Capital Lease/Purchase Financing for various vehicles, equipment, and accessories to Truist Bank (BB&T Banking & Trust Company) and the establishment of the required escrow account, with the City Manager and Acting Director of Finance or Director of Finance as authorized signers.
• Consider awarding the Five-year Capital Lease/Purchase Financing for a backhoe and accessories to Truist Bank (BB&T Banking & Trust Company) and the establishment of the required escrow account, with the City Manager, Acting Director of Finance or Director of Finance as authorized signers.
(This meeting is open to the public. The first 20 attendees will be allowed to observe in
person and MUST wear a face covering. All others may participate by computer or
telephone, please see instructions below.)e. Consider approving award of bid for the Dobbins Road Culvert Extension at Post Oak Creek project.
• Presentation of the Corsicana Convention and Visitors Bureau Quarterly Report.
• Executive Session: The Council will recess into closed or executive session to receive attorney’s advice on legal matters pursuant to Section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code, to deliberate on certain matters concerning real property pursuant to Section 551.072 of the Texas Government Code, and to discuss economic development negotiations pursuant to Section 551.087 of the Texas Government Code.
• Return to Open Session: The Council will consider and act upon items discussed under Executive Session, as necessary.
The following are instructions to view the meeting by live broadcast on the city’s website and to participate by telephone or teleconference:
• The meeting can be joined by teleconference using the link below. You may also call in and listen to the audio by telephone using the toll free number below.
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone. (For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679 - One-touch: tel:+18668994679,,707244013#
United States: +1 (312) 757-3119 - One-touch: tel:+13127573119,,707244013#
Access Code: 707-244-013 New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
• The live broadcast of the meeting can be viewed on the City of Corsicana website at:
www.cityofcorsicana.com Choose “Broadcasts” Under “Live Broadcasts Meetings” – Click on “Economic Development Meetings” to view the meeting. (Recorded meetings can also be viewed any time after the meeting at this same location.)
The complete Agenda packet is located on the City of Corsicana website at:
www.cityofcorsicana.com Click on “GOVERNMENT” Click on “Agenda Center” in the column on the left Under the “City Council” section, click on the Agenda for the current meeting date.
– From Staff Reports