DALLAS (AP) — More than a dozen people were evacuated from the Southern Methodist University engineering building after a student noticed a package of hydrochloric acid that appeared to be leaking.



Authorities evacuated the building Tuesday morning as a safety precaution and said there was no immediate threat to the campus.



Hazardous materials experts were called in to assist public safety officers who responded to the call.



It was not immediately clear who delivered the package, but SMU spokesman Kent Best says the compound would not be uncommon in an engineering laboratory.



___



Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com

Trending Video

Recommended for you