Kerens celebrated its 14th annual Cotton Harvest Festival Saturday. The event kicked off at the KESA Building with the traditional pancake breakfast. The flag was raised and the National Anthem was performed by Season Bain Sayles, followed by a flyover by the Coyote Squadron. The CASI qualifying chili cook off took place downtown, accompanied by other vendors. Also downtown was the Antique Tractor Show. Kerens Library hosted a Heritage Exhibit, with educational stuff, antique tools, a cotton video playing and the photo contest displayed. The musical lineup included Byron Haynie, American Idol contestant London Lawhon and Sandy Bates' The Soulful Experience. Later that evening, Dancing on the Bricks with Ira Bradford and Bustin’ Loose took over downtown. All proceeds from the entire festival go to operating expenses for Friends of the Kerens Library.
This Week's Circulars
Frank Lewis Rouse Jr, 79, went home to our Lord and Savior on Dec. 5, 2019. Visitation was held from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2019 at Griffin - Roughton Funeral Home in Corsicana. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019 at Birdston Cemetery in Streetman. An online…
Michael Ted Denbow, 76, of Corsicana died Dec. 5, 2019. Ted was a devoted and loving husband to his wife, Connie Denbow of 44 years, and was a loving and ever-present father to his two sons, Bryan and Kyle Denbow. He also delighted in spending time with his two grandchildren, Juliet and Davi…
- NCSO arrests cattle thief
- Man gets 50 years for sexual abuse of child
- Corsicana Police end car chase with spike strip
- Jury convicts repeat offender for DWI
- County passes 'Second Amendment Sanctuary'
- CISD Board hears parent grievance
- PHOTOS: Christmas parade lights up downtown, winners listed
- Jury convicts repeat offender
- PHOTOS: Corsicana Christmas Parade lights up downtown
- Rice man arrested for child pornography